What's new

I just spoke with Ron Fone of Sherbourn (1 Viewer)

Dzung Pham

Second Unit
Regarding the video bandwidth, if you take a look at this thread, there's an e-mail from Ron Fone where he states that the video switching bandwidth is 96MHz, which is higher than the Outlaw's stated spec. This is unofficial though.

W

Will

But in that email Ron Fone also says the retail price is $2000 not $1500. It's getting pretty confusing. He says in the email the Sherbourn will have a 96 mHz high bandwidth video chip but I wonder if it's the same chip as what's in the Outlaw or not. Maybe we'll have to wait to see what video chip really is in the Sherbourn and see if it is the same chip as what's in the Outlaw pre/pro.

Dzung Pham

Second Unit
I agree Will. I wouldn't be surprised if he was confusing the video switching with 96kHz ADCs. That 96 figure doesn't ring true to me.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
The MSRP on the Sherbourn version was originally $2000, but my understanding is that it has been dropped to $1500. I have no doubt that this was done to keep the Sherbourn reasonably competitive with the Outlaw. I suspect that street price won't be substantially higher than Outlaw. A lot will depend on what the differences between the units are, other than the color of the button. :)

W

Will

With the Sherbourn and AT pre/pro clones of the Outlaw 950, the prices might drop again for all we know. Since there will probably be discounts available on top of their sticker prices, we might not know what they REALLY sell for until they're really here. :)

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
I know what the dealer cost is for the upcoming Sherbourn pre/pro and 7 channel amp and a dealer could very easily match Outlaw's price for their combo while still making what I would consider an acceptable margin.

I'm not sure what Sherbourn's policy is on discounting so I don't know how close the price will actually be.

I'd even pay extra for the sherbourn becuase I think it's a better looking combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks