What's new

I just spoke with Ron Fone of Sherbourn (1 Viewer)

Fred DeGrandis

Stunt Coordinator
Just an update for the already happy Sherbourn people or those of you looking for a PRE/PRO:

I spoke with Ron Fone today, and he told me"The new pre/pro/tuner should be available in early May with a retail price of $1500.00. As soon as we have some printed material I will send it to you."

Fred

Kevin T

Screenwriter
now that is very interesting as back when it was released it touted an msrp of $2000. if msrp is going to be $1500 then i imagine you could find it for around $1000-1100 from some online dealers. i know the 5/1500a has a retial of $1999.95 but can be found often for $1499.95 with relative ease. this could be an option for those who absolutely hate the design of the outlaw and were willing to shell out an extra $100 or $200 for "improved" cosmetics. i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

kevin t

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
That is interesting. Since I'm near the bottom of the Outlaw list, the sherbourn may be available about the same time as when I could get the outlaw. It certianly looks better!

Rob Jo.

Agent
Fred,

just wanted to say thanks for the lead on the 5/1500. It arrived yesterday and am getting it hooked up today. Steve was great to deal with.

One note on the Sherbourn pre/pro. I was under the impression that the Sherbourn unit was going to have a little bit better specs on the video bandwith than the Outlaw. Not sure if anything else was going to be different though.

Rob

Fred DeGrandis

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats on your new amp Rob!
For the money, you cant touch it with another amp,
If the price is even close to the amp, I think I know who I am buying the PRE/PRO from:D
Take care and enjoy your new amp:)
Fred

W

Will

The new pre/pro/tuner should be available in early May

With early May being just five or six weeks away, it's hard to be certain the Sherbourne unit will be out by then but maybe it will be. Hopefully it will be.

I think I remember the Outlaws said the 950 clones won't be out until after the Outlaws have processed the 950 backlog, and I thought RAF reported the Outlaws told him the 950 backlog could take 60 to 90 days. I don't know when that 60 to 90 day period starts. I also don't know if anything has changed in the meantime. In other words, I don't know if it's still the case that clone pre/pro's can arrive before the Outlaws have finished processed the backlog, or not. It's hard to get that type of information.

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
I guess it all depends on exactly what the agreement was between outlaw and eastech. It wouldn't surprise me at this point if outlaw was just saying that to keep people from not following through with their order. I'm on the list but if I can get another brand with a better looking faceplate for only a little more, I'll do it. I hate that green button! ;)
Ron Fone was out of the office today but we exchanged email's. I am trying to find out if their pre/pro will look like the version at CES of if the faceplate will match the 5/1500 amp or the new 7 channel version. He asked me to call him tomorrow as we had other things to discuss as well.

Rob Jo.

Agent
If my understanding is correct, when I talked with Ron a couple of weeks ago, the Outlaw brand would roll out first, then the AT's, then the Sherbourns. Nothing was mentioned about how many each company would get before the next one received units.

Rob

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Can someone post a picture of this pre/pro or a link to a picture? I went to the website and couldn't find a pic. Thanks.

Dalton

Fred DeGrandis

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the pic!
That is one nice looking piece of equipment:)
I am not sure what the price will be for the Outlaw, but I am sure you can get the Sherbourn for right around the same price. You just have to know where to shop. The pic with the PRE/Pro and the 5/1500A looks damn good.
Anyone know the price of the Outlaw?
Thanks,
Fred

Rob Jo.

Agent
Kevin, as I understand it, the Sherbourn will have greater video bandwith. I think there are a couple of other minor differences, but I don't know.

Fred, I'm pretty sure the price of the Outlaw is $899.00.

Rob

Fred DeGrandis

Stunt Coordinator
899.00 is a good price.
I dont think I can get the Sherbourn for that:frowning:, but I am getting the Sherbourn PRE/PRO anyways. I like the looks of the unit alone, not to mention it paired with my 5/1500A(IMHO best amp for the $).
Fred

Gregg Hart

Stunt Coordinator
I too will be grabbing the Sherbourne pre/pro to mate with my newly acquired 5/1500a. Screw Outlaw.

Rob Jo.

Agent
Can you say where or if you heard the Sherbourn might have greater video bandwidth?
Hi Will,
I was told that by Sherbourn. I hope I didn't misunderstand what they were saying, although it is entirely possible, because when it comes to video I'm a complete ignoramous. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnedunn
Recent bookmarks