I just spoke with Ron Fone of Sherbourn

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Fred DeGrandis, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Fred DeGrandis

Fred DeGrandis Stunt Coordinator

Just an update for the already happy Sherbourn people or those of you looking for a PRE/PRO:

I spoke with Ron Fone today, and he told me"The new pre/pro/tuner should be available in early May with a retail price of $1500.00. As soon as we have some printed material I will send it to you."

Fred

2. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

now that is very interesting as back when it was released it touted an msrp of $2000. if msrp is going to be $1500 then i imagine you could find it for around $1000-1100 from some online dealers. i know the 5/1500a has a retial of $1999.95 but can be found often for $1499.95 with relative ease. this could be an option for those who absolutely hate the design of the outlaw and were willing to shell out an extra $100 or $200 for "improved" cosmetics. i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

kevin t

3. Brian Corr

Brian Corr Supporting Actor

That is interesting. Since I'm near the bottom of the Outlaw list, the sherbourn may be available about the same time as when I could get the outlaw. It certianly looks better!

4. Rob Jo.

Rob Jo. Agent

Fred,

just wanted to say thanks for the lead on the 5/1500. It arrived yesterday and am getting it hooked up today. Steve was great to deal with.

One note on the Sherbourn pre/pro. I was under the impression that the Sherbourn unit was going to have a little bit better specs on the video bandwith than the Outlaw. Not sure if anything else was going to be different though.

Rob

5. Fred DeGrandis

Congrats on your new amp Rob!
    For the money, you cant touch it with another amp,
    If the price is even close to the amp, I think I know who I am buying the PRE/PRO from[​IMG]
    Take care and enjoy your new amp[​IMG]
    Fred

6. Will

Will Guest

7. Brian Corr

Brian Corr Supporting Actor

I guess it all depends on exactly what the agreement was between outlaw and eastech. It wouldn't surprise me at this point if outlaw was just saying that to keep people from not following through with their order. I'm on the list but if I can get another brand with a better looking faceplate for only a little more, I'll do it. I hate that green button! [​IMG]
    Ron Fone was out of the office today but we exchanged email's. I am trying to find out if their pre/pro will look like the version at CES of if the faceplate will match the 5/1500 amp or the new 7 channel version. He asked me to call him tomorrow as we had other things to discuss as well.

8. Rob Jo.

Rob Jo. Agent

If my understanding is correct, when I talked with Ron a couple of weeks ago, the Outlaw brand would roll out first, then the AT's, then the Sherbourns. Nothing was mentioned about how many each company would get before the next one received units.

Rob

9. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    Can someone post a picture of this pre/pro or a link to a picture? I went to the website and couldn't find a pic. Thanks.

Dalton

10. Rob Jo.

Rob Jo. Agent

11. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    Thanks Rob [​IMG]

12. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Any info on any differences (other than the faceplate) than the Outlaw?

13. Fred DeGrandis

Thanks for the pic!
    That is one nice looking piece of equipment[​IMG]
    I am not sure what the price will be for the Outlaw, but I am sure you can get the Sherbourn for right around the same price. You just have to know where to shop. The pic with the PRE/Pro and the 5/1500A looks damn good.
    Anyone know the price of the Outlaw?
    Thanks,
    Fred

14. Rob Jo.

Rob Jo. Agent

Kevin, as I understand it, the Sherbourn will have greater video bandwith. I think there are a couple of other minor differences, but I don't know.

Fred, I'm pretty sure the price of the Outlaw is $899.00.

Rob

15. Fred DeGrandis

899.00 is a good price.
    I dont think I can get the Sherbourn for that[​IMG], but I am getting the Sherbourn PRE/PRO anyways. I like the looks of the unit alone, not to mention it paired with my 5/1500A(IMHO best amp for the $).
    Fred

16. Gregg Hart

Gregg Hart Stunt Coordinator

I too will be grabbing the Sherbourne pre/pro to mate with my newly acquired 5/1500a. Screw Outlaw.

17. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

18. Will

Will Guest

19. Rob Jo.

Rob Jo. Agent

20. Will

Will Guest

Hi Rob Jo,

Would it be possible to ask your sources at Sherbourn for clarification?