What's new

I just felt an Earthquake (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey Y'all,

Me and my fiancee just moved to CA. We are in SF til' the 20th, then onto our own place in Berkeley. I felt one VERY minor quake a few weeks back. I checked online and it was a 2. something. I am wondering and dreading a big one. I would assume that any surround speakers on stands would be quite vulnerable, yes? And any artwork on walls.
Any advice to a newbie? We will be in the back 1/2 of an older standalone house, (duplex) What should we do if the ground starts a'shakin'...?

:) d

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Do I ever. I was getting ready for classes that day and taking a leak at the exact moment it hit. Talk about a vulnerable position. I will say I was able to maintain my aim quite admirably. ;)

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Update: I just read an AP article, the 5.6 Earthquake that was near here was the largest inland earthquake in the USA in 2005.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
The 6.8 rocker we had back in 2001 was the largest I've ever rode out and it was an amazing experience. I just FROZE, knowing it was an earthquake, but didn't do any of the stuff we've been told since we were kids. Just sat in my recliner, feeling the hard side to side jolts...sorta like what my Buttkicker does to my theater chair during Flight of the Phoenix...:D

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
We don't get earthquakes so I'm jealous. My dad swears he felt an earthquake one morning, I maintain it was just gas.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks