What's new

I found Music Video DVD's - where do they put the DVD-A's? (1 Viewer)

TimothyE

Stunt Coordinator
I went to the music department of a large store and they had all kinds of music videos on DVD, but they all have the "DVD Video" logo. I didn't see any that said "DVD Audio" like I was looking for.

Aren't they supposed to say "DVD Audio"?
Are there a number of stores (I'm looking at B&M's for the moment) that don't carry them?
How do "DVD Video" music DVD's compare?

Thanks,

Tim

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Timothy,

Which store were you shopping at? I know around me you can pick of DVD-A at Best Buy, Circuit City, and Tower.

The titles at Best Buy are usually found in the music section. At mine locally they are seperated from the Music video/concert DVD but still in the same section. In the past Best Buy kept the discs in the DVD player section, but I do not think this is still the case. Be careful, there are some SACD mixed in with the DVD-A usually, as well as SACD located in the hardware section of the store.

At Circuit City both their DVD-A and SACD discs are found in kiosks in the Hardware sections. Look for the kiosks with surround speakers suspeneded on metal bars. The selection here is not that great.

Tower will have DVD-A and SACD segregated from the rest of the audio and video titles. In the stores I have been in, they are usually found near the classical music and jazz sections.

Other then those three stores, I have not really seen either DVD-A or SACD for sale locally. For decent prices on DVD-A check out CircuitCity.com where Warner titles will run you 13.99.

How do "DVD Video" music DVD's compare?
DVD-A and DVD music videos are two different beasts. Think of a DVD-A as a CD with increased sound quality and some extra material which may be lyrics, photos, interviews or maybe a video or two. A DVD concert or video disc is just that. You are not getting a whole album but instead a performance where the sound quality can vary dramatically.

J

TimothyE

Stunt Coordinator
I went into The Wherehouse, and a girl comes up to me and asks, "Can I help you find anything?".
I asked where they have their DVD Audio discs, and she says, "We don't have any".
Upon further questioning, she confided, "I don't really know what they are".

I looked around the store at their bazillion titles of DVD Videos, but couldn't scare up any DVD-A's.

I'll check with Silver Platters next.

I followed the tip on some new release DVD-A's at DVDPlanet, and ordered the new Aaron Neville at $6.98.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks