What's new

I Entered a Comedy Contest. (1 Viewer)

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Hello All,

As some of you know that I bit the bullet a little over a year ago to do stand up comedy. It has been just a great time. Well this saturday night Aug. 20th There is a comedy contest that I have entered. I want to have as many people there as possible to cheer me on. I know some of my fellow HTFers live around the area and it would be great to meet some of you.

The Show is Sat Aug 20th at 8pm in Marshfeild Ma at a place called Courtneys.

Directions can be found here.

http://www.courtneysfoodandspirits.com

Bring a smile........ If not one will be provided.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Hey are we supposed to say good luck or break a leg?

Well good luck breaking a leg anyway!

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
How long of a set do you do?

Do they have judges to pick the winner, or do they go by crowd reaction?

It takes a lot of guts to get up & do comedy.

Why are there no sit-down comics?

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Depending on the room and the number of comics my sets range from 10-15 minutes ( that night I am limited to 8) this is the only time when I know how much time I have. sometime I get to a club and they say that I have 5 or 6, 2 minutes before I go on.

The Judging is done almost like american Idol and its based on writing, working the crowd and timing.

It does take a lot of guts to do comedy but it is the BEST DRUG IN THE WORLD. Nothing I mean nothing comes close to going up there and making people laugh.

I CANNOT WAIT TO GET UP THERE.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Well the results are in. I came in 4th. My friends thought I was robbed. We were given 8 minutes and if we went over we were deducted points. Well I went 12 SECONDS over and was deducted 4 points plus they said I dropped the F bomb to many Times. I guess 4 Times is toooooooo many times.

They said My Stage performance and crowd reaction was really strong but my "WRITING" was weak because of my F Bombs. But 4 people( IRISH) Talking about how going out in the sun is just crazy and how bad they burn Is Comic GOLD.

Because of the Fbombs and my time I lost about 6 points which would have got me 2nd place or about 24 points.

WTF.

On the Good side I got Hired to do a room in Plymouth next Month. He said He would give me $100.00 cash for a 10 minute set.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
ahh, the old Irish stand-by routine...puhlease.
Tell the judges that since they don't like the F word that much that you highly recommend they take their kids to the Aristocrats :D

Well, congrats on the gig at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks