I brought home my adopted baby today

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Julie K, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

I've been wanting to do this for some time and today saw the culmination of my efforts. I brought home an adopted baby.

Ok, those who know me are either fainting from shock or are going "Yeah, yeah, Julie's got a new kitty".

Well, no. I did not bring home a new animal - no cats, dogs, pigs, fishes, reptiles, insects, birds, arachnids, etc., came home with me today.

CG (my little nickname) is an adorable little 6 year old. He's very small now, but I can just tell that one day he'll grow up to be a very big and strong fellow. He's got a very relaxed and quiet personality and is happy playing quietly alone. He is not at all needy, but he does tend to get a little sharp with people who get too close, but I think we can all work around that in the coming months.

Goodness! This house has been happy and so peaceful after bringing home the baby! I just don't understand all these other people who talk about how hectic a house with a baby is!

I'll post some baby pictures tomorrow. [​IMG]

2. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

I dunno, maybe most people wouldn't consider a six-year old anything a baby. So what'd you get?

3. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

Porcupine?

4. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    Octopus. What's the prize for the correct guess?

5. Pamela

Pamela Supporting Actor

I'm thinking, some kind of plant? A cactus, perhaps?

6. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

I'm with Pamela. Gotta be a cactus of some sort.

7. BrianW

BrianW Cinematographer

Brian
    Unholy spawn of Cthulhu?

[Edited to correct unholy spelling, lest I be among the final 1000.]

8. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Perhaps a lovely screw pine?

9. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

Venus Fly Trap?

10. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

The Filthy Monkey, it plans.

11. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

Spawn! She brought home a baby spawn! Aaawww, how adorable! Oh, no...wait...

Binky! She brought home a baby Binky! [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

Pamela and Andrew are correct! (They will get the happy prize of being among the last 1000 people to be eaten by Cthulhu!)

Here's little CG now, at all of 8 inches in height, and here's what he'll grow up to be, in about 150 years or so. Yes, my little CG is a Carnegiea gigantea, otherwise known as the giant Saguaro.

Yes, I may have been guilty of rampaging anthropomorphism, but others have been guilty before me. Small saguaros are known as baby saguaros, even when they are 4 or 5 feet tall and ~40-50 years of age.

Well now there's a depressing thought - little CG will remain a baby for the rest of my life. Oh well, at least he's a quiet baby and one that stays outside all the time. My kind of baby! [​IMG]

I really like cacti, especially saguaros (you've probably figured that out by now...) so I was really pleased to bring one home yesterday. I also amused by the fact that small saguaros are called "baby saguaros".

BTW, little CG was grown from seed, so no saguaros were dug up from the wild in order for me to bring home my little bundle of thorns^H^H^H^H^H^Hjoy.

13. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

From what I've learned about Julie just on this forum.. I really hope she doesn't adopt human children.

"But Mom, I don't want to wear the purple robes. They're itchy!"

"Quiet you! It's All-Shoggoths day and I won't have you ruining the family pictures! Now hurry-up and put the golden tentacle mask on. Stop complaining, some children go their whole lives without attending the Miskatonic All-Shoggoth day sacrafice & festival".

14. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    [​IMG] Oh how cute... coochie coochie... Julie you had me going for a while, I really thought it would be a baby squid...[​IMG]

Question: How do you cuddle little CG?

Answer:Very carefully.

15. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

That sig image is more like it, Steve.

See, I thought I'd take it easy on Saturday and play hookie from HTF. It's been quiet lately, I rationalized. No problems.

Then I saw the thread title and the author's name. So, I thought, the last "baby" Ms. K told us about turned out to be a deer skirting the campus grounds where she works, navigating spacecraft to Mars.

I read her post. A sweat broke out. This sounds serious, I said to myself. And then the truth — and I breathe a sigh of relief.

16. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    If Julie was annoyed at the price they wanted for her baby, would that be a case of "sticker shock"?

17. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    [​IMG]

How to catch one's breath after another one of JulieK's brilliant thread titles?

If you struggle with a Saguaro, should you even be having children?

18. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

Zen,

With or without saguaros, that answer is a firm "NO". Could you just see some bright young innocent child having HP Lovecraft stories for bedtime reading or being given plush Cthulhu and shoggoth toys for presents? Instead of watching cute little Disney flicks, I'd treat a toddler to Re-Animator, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Dawn of the Dead. No, the world is a better place without such an occurance.

19. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

This is good thinking, let's stay with this thought...

20. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler

Keep getting flashes of that scene in Nightmare Before Christmas when the kids got all those twisted toys from Jack.