What's new

I Almost Cancelled Blockbuster Online Service Until This Happened: (1 Viewer)

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
I had been receiving DVDs out of sequence in my queue and receiving email notifications stating that they just received DVDs that I had returned over a month ago when they had already received them. There had been a movie at the top of my list for a couple of weeks with the "Available Now" status but they were sending other DVDs instead.

I decided to send customer service an email and complain. I told them if this problem happened again then I would cancel and switch back to Netflix.

I received a reply stating that they were aware of the problems and that they had been corrected. I then noticed that in my queue they had shipped that movie that was at the top of my queue while I still had all of my other DVDs out.

This morning I received this email:

Hello Robert,

Introducing faster shipping and more copies of the movies you want to see.

Because of loyal members like you, BLOCKBUSTER Online™ has surpassed our growth expectations. While we're thrilled so many movie fans have turned to BLOCKBUSTER Online, The Movie Store At Your Door™, we know our rapid growth may have impacted our service to you.

We recognize the need to continuously improve and we are taking the following steps to do just that:

FASTER SHIPPING

The U.S. Postal Service will now notify us when the envelope containing the DVD you are returning has been scanned in. This means we will send you your next movie before we actually receive the returned one. This means quicker turnaround times for you.

We are adding 10 new shipping locations in the coming months to speed more movies to your door.

MORE COPIES

We are buying more copies of both new releases and old favorites. This should reduce the time you wait for your favorite titles to ship.

PLUS, 2 BONUS E-COUPONS

We appreciate you using our service while we work to make improvements. We have added TWO E-Coupons to your account. These coupons are in addition to the coupons you receive every month, and they can be redeemed for FREE in-store game and movie rentals at participating BLOCKBUSTER® stores.

Get your E-Coupons now and treat yourself to a DVD, VHS or game today. Again, thank you for supporting BLOCKBUSTER Online as we continue to improve our service.
Sincerely,

Shane Evangelist
Senior Vice President and General Manager,
BLOCKBUSTER Online

I hope this starts working better since I live in the same city where one of the distribution centers is. It would be nice if they actually ship replacement DVDs before they actually receive them.

Also I printed out the extra two in-store coupons. That was a nice bonus.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Damn, you Robert. You keep making my brain battle back and forth between BBO and Netflix.:)

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry Grant but my brain has been battling for the last couple of weeks also, but I have decided to stay with BB for now. I will keep close watch to make sure they keep up to their promise.

Did you decide to go with BB's Shrek 2 deal? Too bad I missed out on that one since I am already a member.

ScottNJ

Auditioning
I think everyone that uses Blockbuster Online got the same e-mail. Its a change in services....and its already working. I put a DVD in the mail Tuesday, and Wed. afternoon I got a e-mail saying my next DVD had shipped. My "Q" is still showing that they haven't received the one I sent Tuesday. According to the new Blockbuster shipping FAQ, this is now normal.

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
Do they still refuse to stock NC-17 titles? While this program sounds good, I still resent their influence on studios that result, albeit indirectly, to problems like Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut not being released in USA in its true form. If they still censor my choices, think I'll pass them up. Would love to hear of any change in policy.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
no nc-17 movies just as the in store policy is.

this is a big reason i stuck with netflix.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I really hate BB but am curious what the difference is with BB online and Netflix (with whom Im a loyal memeber).

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I didn't join anything yet. If I cave to BB, it will probably be for a different free movie. Also waiting to see if Netflix lowers the price again, but I have my doubts. I hope BB doesn't put them out of business with the 50 cent under-cut and all the freebies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks