What's new

HTML 101 Help :) (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I'm trying to improve the design of my animation site, http://www.ninjaturtlesnetwork.com. If you see the Current design, it's not exactly that great.

So, I started with this.... http://www.ninjaturtlesnetwork.com/test.php . I put a watermark menu on the top of the screen. Yet, for some reason when I try to add the layer that contains the data for my newspro text, the layer with the data dissapears. Any reason why this happens? I've also tried creating it using an HTML Template format and the same thing happens.

Also, is there any way using Dreamweaver to be able to link the menu items in the water mark?

Thanks

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think the comment code is hiding your link to virtual="/news/news.txt" At least that's the only content I see in your div tags.

And I don't know what you mean by "watermark menu." Is this in use in your current design that I can see a visual?

Bob_Chase

Stunt Coordinator
Neil,

Based on the current state of the code--the chunk of code starting with the paragraph tags and ending with the 2nd body style declaration--all of that information MUST go between the body tags.

Your 2nd body declaration (the one with the test.jpg image) MUST go between the style tags.

And lastly you're defining 2 background images for the body. The 2nd one, in theory, would win out over the first. But since it's outside of the style tags it won't work.

P.S. Make sure you've got those server-side includes are enabled on your server.

Bob

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Actually, by Watermark menu...I mean that when I created the image in test.php that's seen at the top, I can't highlight the menu words to create links. Is this even possible?

I'll fiddle around with the code some more based on the advice to see if I can debug it further. But for now, I updated the main Link Removed site with layers to get an idea of what I was going for.

Bob_Chase

Stunt Coordinator
Neil,

Since you're using an image for your links, as opposed to HTML text, you need to define the hotspots (link areas) with an imagemap.

Now that I've looked at your code I see that that is what you're doing already (using imagemaps.) So what exactly is the problem?

Bob

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I've since decided that Layers is probably easier to work with. What I was hoping to do with the watermarks, is create a menu bar/image that would stay the same size and automaticlaly fit the users browser window.... That way I wouldn't have to resize it to fit the 800X600 screen.

Oh well.... layers just look better :).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks