What's new

htib which one?, help me decide! (1 Viewer)

KaseyB

Auditioning
Hi again all....I am looking to purchase a htib. I am looking to be spend $200 to $250, possibly $300. I want a dvd receiver combo with progressive scan, tuner, dolby digital and dts, and optical digital input for my directv receiver. I have narrowed my choices to the following:
Toshiba Sd-43Ht, Samsung Ht-db600 and ht-db120, jvc th-a35 or a45, zenith dvt216, koss ks3101. Also the philips mx5500d i really like but a little bit too pricey probably, but being how my tv and directv are philips it somewhat interested me.
Anyways, help me decide guys, which is the best. or any recommedations..thanks, Kasey

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Well unfortunatly putting a DVD-player in there with a HTIB system is somewhat challenging. If you can shell out around $375 I would probably look for a HTIB with a seperate DVD player, you can find a cheap one at Bestbuy for around $60-70 bucks.

Other than that your not going to get much of anything good.

Mike Boniferro

Second Unit
the jvc a45 isn't too bad... probably one of the best in that price range. There are lots of complaints of a REALLY quiet centre channel on the philips. Never heard the Toshiba....
But I would definately consider a receiver based system with a seperate DVD player.... say the Yamaha, Kenwood or Sony HTIB.

Kenny_H

Stunt Coordinator
I have a friend who just purchased the Samsung HT-DB600. This is his first surround system and he seems pleased! Reciever, 5-disc CD/DVD/CD-R/RW/J-PEG player w/ progressive scan, Dolby Prologic II,on-screen menu, 2 video/aux inputs, low slim styling, colbalt blue display all for $279.00 at J&R Music World. He is using it as a bedroom system which is more than adequate. Connected to a Sony 27" Wega and set up using the Sound & Vision test disc.

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Kasey,

Here's a the newest Pioneer HTIB that is already on my Christmas list. It has got everything you (and I) are looking for. Etronics has it for under $300.

Peace,

DM

Nick-G

Agent
A little over a year ago I got the Sony DDW740 for around $300, and although I am currently upgrading, it served its purpose very well. It does not come with a DVD player, but I'm sure you can find it cheaper today, and then can just buy yourself a DVD player separately.

KaseyB

Auditioning
Hi, thanks forthe post on the pioneer htib...looks great, but one question, does it have an optical digital input? i cant see to find anything that says it does and i need that to hook my directv up to...thanks, Kasey

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks