What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: The Tarzan Collection (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED). (1 Viewer)

MichaelSloan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Sloan
Many people on this board know way more about the status of dvd releases then I do and I REALLY want to see all the sequels from Tarzan Triumphs to Tarzan and the Jungle Boy. Many of these sequels haven't been on television where I live for years, if ever. Does anyone agree that all the Tarzan sequels deserve to be on dvd, and does anyone know what the chances of that happening are?

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Michael, the sequels you mention all ran as part of an excellent Tarzan marathon on the old AMC channel in the late 1990s.

I don't know about the chances, but I would hope that the success of this first set would lead to at least the remaining 6 Weismuller films being released in a second wave. I've read speculation (and it is only speculation) on another forum that Tarzan - wave 2 would come in 2006 after Warner finishes putting out their high profile collections over the next 18 months (Hitchcock, Val Lewton, etc.)

Hopefully the next Warner chat will provide the HTF membership to ask these types of questions.

Steve

MichaelSloan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Sloan
The AMC Channel is unavailable in the city I live in. From What I can tell, the next Warner chat won't be for another 8 months. I hope I won't have to wait that long to find out if I'll ever see these films. Does anyone know when in particular the next Warner chat is for certain?

MichaelSloan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Sloan
They haven't been on TV in my town since October, They've never been on VHS, no one was willing to tape them for me, and I missed March's online chat with Warner. If anyone has nothing to say during the next chat with Warner Home Video, could they please ask about Johnny Weissmuller RKO Tarzan films, if not about ALL the Tarzan films Warner owns that have never been on video? I don't think there's any film announced for theatrical release that I want to see as badly as these Tarzan sequels.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
The original "Cheetah" passed away today in Florida. CNN link here According to the article, this Cheetah appeared in the first 2 Weissmuller movies, Tarzan the Ape Man - 1932 Tarzan and his Mate - 1934. RIP.
30i9ooz.jpg

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Latter-day reports about the "real" Cheetah have always been met with a certain degree of skepticism, and this one is no different. This linked New York Times article may require registration to read, but in essence it quotes experts about the plausibility of such chimpanzee longevity claims, plus the difficulty of identifying particular individuals. New York Times article.

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
Love the quote from the archivist who said it was nearly impossible to identify a chimp as Cheetah from looking at old movie stills. "All chimps look basically like George Burns to me."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks