What's new

DVD Review HTF Review: The Bourne Identity - Explosive Extended Edition (1 Viewer)

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the review Jason, you've saved me a few quid too! I'm usually very interested in owning different versions of films and DVD re-releases with more/different extras, but only as long as what's there has some substance to it. This new Bourne DVD looks to be a total waste of time, so basically I wouldn't touch it with a trans-atlantic cattle prod. I can't believe that Universal have the balls to actually market this as an "Explosive Extended Edition". From where I'm sitting it looks more like a cheap-ass "Go And See The Sequel Promotional Edition".

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Yep, I held off on upgrading to read exactly what would be on it. Glad I stuck with my original version now.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
I am so glad I kept the original. At this point We should expect this from Universal (and Sony). How many times have they done this to us. Instead of re-promoting an existing already good edition, they add very little and delete worthy extras and make it seem like you are getting something new. I suppose we will have the Meet The Parents-Return Visit Edition later this year to promote Meet The Fockers. Universal, If you want to re-do a SE title please release a 30th Aniv JAWS with the FULL 2 hour documentary from the Laserdisc.

Randall G

Auditioning
My first post to the forum.Glad to be here. Especially since being here saved me from dumping my original copy of Bourne, and being very disappointed with the lack of DTS, and the false advertising!
Thanks.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
So they still haven't put this deleted scene on DVD (the scene was filmed according to an article in Premiere or Movieline):

There is some barge fight sequence that was the climax of the movie.

sigh.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
What a crock! I wasn't going to buy this anyway, maybe rent it to see the different beginning and ending. But, think about all of the poor souls who are going to be duped because they don't visit forums like the HTF! Thanks for the review and saving everyone here $20!

Universal, you suck, ya jackasses!

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Thanks Jason for the info. I too was going to buy this edition but now I think I'll wait and try to get it dirt cheap on ebay or half.com sometime down the road to accompany the original. If they want us (the consumers) to double dip, offer us something like a mail in rebate if you already have the original version. I ran into this with Windtalkers. Not just a movie ticket to see something that will most likely be released on DVD in 4 - 6 months.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Is there a petition somewhere that we can sign to tell Universal how much they suck and how their double, triple and quadruple dipping on DVD releases is getting really old?

Zachary Cohen

Stunt Coordinator
Universal is also re-releasing "Meet the Parents" later this year in order to tie in with "Meet the Fockers."

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George

That's because you weren't intelligent enough to understand it!:angry: Oh wait, I'm sorry, I thought this was a Matrix: Reloaded thread. My bad. :D

Just kidding, of course. I can see how this movie isn't everyone's cup of tea. I liked it, though.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

If you hate it, then why participate in the thread..

I found it to be one of the better films of the genre, and enjoy it everytime it pops on cable ;)

That having been said, I won't double dip for it, though.. not with this as the issue.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
This is much different than I thought it was going to be.

No DTS and not a real extended cut?
No thanks, I will stick with my CE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks