What's new

HTF REVIEW: "F U T U R A M A" Volume One (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
true doohan was not in it.
his character has no dialog from what i remember. or was that bones who didnt talk.

ugh i cant remember.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I love how they get in all of the techie jokes into this show. Like when they were ragging on Fry and his 'low definition' tv.
Amy - "Yeah like I bet on a tv like that you can't even make out my really obscene tattoo" followed by a zoom in to a blurred out tattoo.

One of the best lines:

Fly and Leela are doing 'the robot'.

Bender - "Wow you guys are really good.....how are you doing that?"

:D Love this show.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I just watched "Space Pilot 3000" on the R1 set. There is some extra commentary at the end of the episode which is missing from the R2 version.

On the R1 version, after the episode ends the screen goes to black and the commentary still continues for a few more seconds. (There is a discussion about the origin of the "30th Century Fox" logo.) All of the commentary after the end of the show is missing from the R2 version.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
WOAH! I just watched the Pilot episode last night
I didn't realize that they actually put the shadow of Nibbler (who supposedly pushed Fry into the Cryogenic freezer) in the pilot. Since that new episode just aired Sun., I kept thinking about how cheesy it is when these shows pretend to go back in time and add things, but this plot had been planned from day one!
:eek:

Woah! Woah! Woah!

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Uhh...no it wasnt...I had seen that show before...quite a while ago actually...it was a rerun...I dont care what the episode guides said...I had seen it before...and its still very very funny...

John Chow

Second Unit
Hm..are you sure you aren't getting it confused with the other 'brain' episode? I'm under the impression that it is not a re-run as well.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Oh wait...maybe I am getting it mixed up with the brain one...but last Sunday's episode did seem very familiar...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
not a re-run. it was a follow up/sequal to another ep that had the brains on it.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Joshua,

The TV definitely said that it was new, but I do know what you're talking about. I do remember the other brain episode so I know that I'm not confusing it with that one, but for some reason, that little bicycle (that Fry used to fly into the Brains planet) looked a bit familiar.

:confused:

Also, the commentary on the DVD said that the pay off would be 2 years later and this past episode is more than 2 years, so now I'm more confused than ever, but I tend to believe that it was new.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
mark dont forget that the last 2 seasons of the show have only aired about 10-15 eps total.
due to the football games preempt every sunday.

so that ep was likely due to air as much as 2 years ago.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Man...fox totally screwed this show...and its a damn shame...its as good as Simpsons IMO...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
jeff you must be kidding with that right.

it is tv there is no real time frame for when things happen on tv shows.

one show to the next could be days or months.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
(Back to my original point), No matter when the episode aired, it was still cool that they planned it right from the pilot episode. :emoji_thumbsup:

Brendan Brown

Stunt Coordinator
TonyD

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the creators were trying to allow Futurama to progress in 'real-time' unlike The Simpsons.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
sure but what is real tinme when only about 10 eps a season air?

so when the first brain ep aired a couple years or so ago then a few months go by on the show, then the second brain ep airs, but years in real time, how do you figure that out?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks