What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Chariots of Fire - Two Disc Special Edition (RECOMMENDED) (1 Viewer)

RobertW

Supporting Actor
i saw this when it was first released, back when i was in college. and unlike some of you, this 21 year old was immediately and deeply struck by the powerful nature of this film. to my eye, it was the near perfectly made film, and still one of my favorites. i don't get teary-eyed at the movies too often, but this is one of them that can do it.

i love this movie, and plan to get it.

I bought this last week. I had not watched it since I saw it in 1981. And it still remains a powerful and truly great movie experience. I remember coming out of the theatre wandering around in a daze. The acting, cinematography, writting, and Vangelis' score are so perfectly put together it makes you realize what a truly colabritave art film is. Im so happy to have this movie!

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Sigh. Another DVD I want to pick up.

Between this, Sky Captain, Miami Vice, Buck Rogers, Hoosiers, etc., when do I have time to watch them all?

DavidofLondon

Stunt Coordinator

Later peerages can definitely choose their own name. Two peerages created during WW2 were

Bernard Law Montgomery who was made a Viscount and became Viscount Montgomery of Alamein. Alamein was where he won a major victory in Oct 1942 defeating the German Africa Corps led by Rommel (the first major British land victory against the Germans in WW2).

Chief of the Imperial General Services Alan Brooke became Lord Alanbrooke (note the subtle removal of the space between the first and second names to become a single title)

Nicole P

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you for an excellent review Walter.
Hopefully this is the same good transfer that we will get in Region 4.

Ages ago (nearly 4 years!) I posted a message about some missing dialog in the R2 cut of CoF
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=16779

Just out of interest, is that line missing from the new R1 release - I don't see it in the deleted scenes section.

Cheers,
Nicole P

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks