What's new

HTF - Fantasy Football 2007 (1 Viewer)

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
That's cool, Phil; even though I know you're just doing this to scout out my picks for the money league. :D The league site now has 10 teams and Brook has yet to sign up, so that should put us at 11 - meaning we need one more player or we may need one guy to drop out. Nobody needs to drop out before the draft on Friday. It just won't let us draft with an odd number of teams. So the moral of the story is that there is room for one more if anyone is interested.

I haven't seen much discussion on the proposed rule changes. Does anyone object to the plan of adding a flex spot and adding 1 pt. per reception?

Plus, we need to get the draft order figured out so people can plan over the next few days. I have set a team order based on the order of joining the league (which presumes a 12th team). I need at least two and possibly three other league members to post a 12 letter word (or two 6 letter words or three four letter words)... you get the idea - 12 letters, that can be used to randomize my sorted list and generate a new draft order. Just post it in this thread and I'll announce the order tomorrow.

Brad

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I don't like the idea of adding a point per reception. I feel that pass catching RBs are already valuable enough. (ie. LT and Jackson making the first two picks even more important.)

Oh, and by the way...Taanstaafaal.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Thanks for all the feedback guys.... er, I mean thanks John. I'm not real clear how many of the league members are here regularly, so I should probably transfer all communications to the Yahoo league site. At this point I think we'll just fall back to letting the draft order be determined at the last minute.

However, we still have one opening available. I've seen the view count go up on this thread regularly, but nobody is stepping forward.

So we may or may not need to drop somebody... it may be Brook if he never signs up or it may be Alex if we don't do the flex position change or it may be John if we do. I'm not passing judgement here, that's just the limits of the feedback that I have at the moment.

Brad

Alex-C

Screenwriter
I am subscribed to this thread. I only play in two FF leagues each year, and I want this to be one...because its usually competitive so I want this to work out.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Another year for the HTF II league, same result. The Happy Fun Ballers Dynasty rolls along with titles in '02, '03, '05, '06, and '07. I'd understand if nobody wanted to come back for another beating next year. Frankly, I get really cranky trying to scrounge up a league here each year anyway.

Thanks for another season guys. It was fun for me.

Brad

Alex-C

Screenwriter
Congrats Brad, but you know I can't let that go without some commentary. ha !
We all know my Krofft Superstars were the best team in the league, and if not for a freak week by the Latefills in the first round of the playoffs, I would have been victorious. Not only did I outscore everyone else except for the Latefills in week 1 of the playoffs, I outscored everyone in week 2 and I beat you in both our season matchups.
So I will be back next year and you can give me the 10th pick again, THAT'S RIGHT ! it wont matter.
And whoever laughed at me for taking Adrian Peterson during the draft can kiss my...well, I'll see ya next year.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Why do you think I threw that game against you in week 14? (wink, wink). I didn't want to play the surging #4 seed in week 15. You should have scouted better. :)

And I get no thanks for point blank telling you to draft Brian Westbrook during the draft? No help for you next year, that's for sure.

Brad

Alex-C

Screenwriter
Brad, I would like to extend my warmest thanks and sincere gratitude for your drafting advice and pointing me in the direction of Brian Westbrook.

I thought my Westbrook-Peterson-Manning-Witten quadsome was unbeatable. I was almost right until that bastard went into outer space in week 1 of the playoffs. S'alright. I feel good about my season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks