What's new

HTF Fantasy Basketball (1 Viewer)

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
If any hoops fans out there are looking to join a Fantasy league this year, I have set up a free HTF league on Yahoo. The statistic categories are the Yahoo default:

Field Goal Percentage
Free Throw Percentage
3-point Shots Made
Points Scored
Total Rebounds
Assists
Steals
Blocked Shots
Turnovers

The positions are as follows:

PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, IR

Right now the league is set for Rotisserie scoring, but Head to Head is also possible (though I have never done this in a hoops league)

To join the league, the following is the sign up information (shaded over).

League ID#: 27860
Password: oar

The draft time is on Friday, October 17 at 10:35 pm EDT, which should give people on both coasts plenty of time to make the draft. If you cannot make the draft, you can always do autopick as well.

So, is anyone interested or has any comments on the league settings. Right now I have it set to a 12 team league, so that would be the ideal number to join (of course the number of teams could always be lowered).

If anyone has any questions e-mail through my profile or at [email protected].

Justin

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like it should be pretty cool, I'm looking for a league to join.
It should be quite fun. The baseball and football leagues here at the HTF are usually quite active, and I would envision the basketball league would be similar.

Here is the direct link to the Yahoo NBA Fantasy page to sign up:

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba

Just follow the steps and use the league ID and password above to join.

J

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I have changed the number of teams to 10. This should create a more competitive league and also help fill up the league a bit more quickly. WIth extra players available as free agents, roster movement should be a bit easier as well.

Right now the league is set to 82 games per position. ANy thoughts on this?

J

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
We still have five spots open in this league. I thought there were more hoops heads here on the HTF :)

With Fantasy Basketball, you can be as active or inactive as you choose. Because there are 82 games per position, you could almost leave your original lineup (barring any injuries) intact for the entire season. You could also make as many day to day moves as your heart desires and manage yourself to the championship. With only 10 teams, there should be plenty of quality players as free agents at all times.

J

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
I just joined so there are 2 spots left. I don't think I'll be able to make the draft, but I'll set my rankings and everything. Good luck everyone.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to the league Jeremy. There are still two spots open for anyone looking to join before the draft this Friday. Get your pre-rankings ready if you can't make the draft.

J

PeteyG

Stunt Coordinator
I joined! This should be cool, thanks for setting the league up. I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend the draft either, but I'll set my pre-rankings up.

Pete

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
I just joined up...

Hey Justin, I'd like to suggest you change the league to a head to head league, I've done both and hth is much more fun and competetive than the rotiserrie style in my opinion. Either way...I'm in!

Jack

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Jack,

Right now I changed the league to head-to-head unless there are any objections. Head-to-head gives every team a better chance to win each week and not get burried in the cellar with no hope of moving up the standings.

I slightly reduced the roster sizes to encourage more week to week transactions and strategy, and to increase the free agent pool.

Sounds ok to everyone?

J

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Just a note, the league has now been filled. Because head to head requires an even number of teams the league looks set at this point. Adding anymore teams at this point will probably thin the player pool more than I would like.

J

Chris Rosene

Second Unit
Damn. Just went to sign up and saw it was full!
Guess I'll have to be content with the HTF Fantasy Baseball crown for this year. (Yes, I won the league :D )

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
I signed up for a league, and currently it has a few--too few--teams. The draft is this Sunday. It's roto, with lots of roster spots, and standard categories. Please join if you would like to play in a fantasy basketball league this year.

yahoo league
Fantasy Basketball Leagues on Yahoo! Sports
ID: 102213
pw: jump

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Hey Kirk -
I signed up for your league since the HTF one was full. I've had fun getting my butt kicked in a football league; hopefully this will be just as good
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
Here we go again:

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/register/joinprivateleague_league_select?.scrumb=
League ID#: 189002
Password: 2010

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks