What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

HTF - Fantasy Football 2007 (1 Viewer)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I agree with both of Alex's suggestions.

And, oh yeah, I'm in for another year.

Jon (Armed Forces)

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
C'mon now me need one more player for the HTF - Special Edition league. Don't miss out on your chance to draft an all-felon team this year.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
After the excitement that is the annual Hall of Fame game I know that someone out there is just itching to join in the fun of HTF Fantasy Football. There's still one open slot so don't delay.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Is this going to be the thread for advice on the fantasy football this year? Last year was a good one, with plenty of input on trades, play/bench scenarios, etc.
Cause I'm ready to ask the first advice question of the year. My league just had their draft order drawing today, and I'm 10th out of 10 teams. So I will get to pick 10th, turn around and pick 11th, then a nice long wait as 18 picks go before I get to pick again.

So who might still be available at 10-11 so I might make the most of my situation.

I still think it is a conspiracy against me. I won the league last year, beat the league commissioner in the bowl game. So same league, same commissioner, and the guy that put the smack down on him last year gets to pick last........ Somone call Oliver Stone.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
HTF II League Update:

We're up to 8 teams in the league site, although I believe that Alex-C may not stick around if we don't implement the flex spots. I don't have an objection to a flex spot if we can maintain a reasonable balance in scoring between the RBs and WRs that might fill that flex spot. Usually this means adding a 1 point per reception scoring modification. I have that in my other leagues and it works out pretty well if everyone is aware of it and plans for it at the draft. We have enough players involved now to get a majority vote to pass that if everyone agrees to these two modifications:

1. Change the lineup from 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D to 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D.
2. Add 1 pt for each reception for all positions.

If you want a flex without PPR then I'm going to throw a whole bunch of stats and arguments at you to show why that is a bad idea.

Regarding 10 vs 12 teams, I'd much rather have 12... but that may be moot. I certainly want more than 8. We are currently missing Marc Bax, Mark Dill, Brook K, and whoever managed the Clueless team (anyone remember?). I'll do some leg work and see if they are even posting here anymore.

And Dave, usually there is a separate thread for advice, but if I had the 10 spot I'd look for two out of these four: Willie Parker (average draft position right now is 9th overall), Travis Henry (ADP 12th), Brian Westbrook (ADP 8th) or Reggie Bush (ADP 9th). If you get points for receptions then definitely get Westbrook and Bush, if available.

Brad

Alex-C

Screenwriter
Brad,

The changes you suggest sound great. Let's do it.

Also, worst case scenario, we recruit a few more players to fill out the league.

Blu

Screenwriter
There is one spot left in our Yahoo fun league.
Its for nothing more than fun and bragging rights!

So come join, have a blast, and enjoy the Football this year!

League ID#: 237813
Password: qwerty

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Thanks Brent. It's nice to know that my shameless pleading wasn't all in vain. We're fully stocked and ready to roll!

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
HTF League II Update:

Marc Bax hasn't posted on the forum since January. Mark Dill hasn't posted since last November. I sent a PM to Brook (who posts constantly). And I still don't know who the 12th guy was.

That leaves us with at least one and possible 3 or 4 opening in the league. Does anyone want to join up? Anyone? (Preferably a regular forum participant who won't disappear unexpectedly)

Brad

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Anyone?

It's free. Chicks dig us. Monkeys and robots will do our bidding. League members are protected from ninjas and Amway distributors. Won't you please join? Won't you?

Brad

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I'm already in the other league, but if you REALLY need a fill, let me know.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Hey guys, if the spot for the HTF FFL II is still open, I'll take it if you'll have me. I have been absent from HTF for awhile, but have participated in a lot of the HTF fantasy leagues in the past. Brad can probably vouch for me.....

Phil AKA The Joe 12 Packs.

Edit: Actually, I'm going to go ahead and try to sign up with the ID/PW that Brad provided earlier.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

Oops, just noticed this tidbit. Let me know if there is a problem with me joining pre-invitation. Otherwise, I look forward to Brad beating me in 2 leagues now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks