What's new

HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time May/June 2015 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

P

Patrick Donahue

David Steigman said:
I did some research and there are two films of interest that I can rent on Amazon Prime and a third title that has some DVDs for sale starting at 48 cents :)
And that, sadly, is why they named it Twilight Time :(

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
Please, let's ease up on the public admonishments! We try to maintain non-hostile posting environment here and there is no reason to get so personal with your comments. Thank you.

While I bow to no man in my knowledge of cinema (my film collection goes from 1912 to 2014) and my mind is crammed with useless trivia on film, we can't expect everyone to be as knowledgeable on film. I've noticed many members here compartmentalize their interest (noir, horror, classic Hollywood, 80s trash etc.) or perhaps their age has precluded them from yet exploring the films before they were born. All of us at one time were "ignorant" of certain well known movies. Give the guy some slack.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
David Weicker said:
Disappointed that there were no
Woody Allens (Such as
Take The Money And Run,
Play It Again, Sam,
Everyone Says I Love You)

I'm not sure you should expect any of these particular Allen titles to come from TT, as they are all from catalogs they do not license from currently.

Take the Money and Run - ABC Pictures (currently licensed to MGM, but likely cannot sub-license)

Play It Again, Sam - Paramount (either with them or licensed to Warner)

Everyone Says I Love You - Miramax (licensed to Lionsgate)

No, the other MGM Allen titles they may release are:

Alice

Another Woman

Bananas

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex * But Were Afraid to Ask

Interiors

A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

September

Shadows and Fog

Stardust Memories

Zelig

Also, If they are able to get any of his titles from Sony or Fox, those would be:

Husbands and Wives - Sony

Manhattan Murder Mystery - Sony

Melinda and Melinda - Fox

Sweet and Lowdown - Sony

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
I'm not familiar with most of the movies on the list and I'm not ashamed to admit it (my favorite era is pre-1960's). However that's how one does get familiar with them: by seeing them come out on labels like Twilight Time. Checking them out on IMDb it looks like most of them look interesting enough for me to seriously consider. I'll probably pick up around half of them at some point.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I suspect that members knowledge of film is largely correlated with their age, their interest, and the time they have to spend on this hobby.The advent of DVD has allowed more of us to see many more films than were previously available. My favourite era is also pre-1960 although I was born in 1960.

Great to see confirmation that A Man For All Seasons is finally coming to blu-ray, one of the best films I have seen.

I am not a big Woody Allen fan and my favourite of his is The Curse of the Jade Scorpion. I can recommend the region B blu-ray.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Robert Crawford said:
From my personal perspective, the following are must owns for me.

Hombre

A Man For All Seasons

Mississippi Burning

The Young Lions

The NIght of the Generals

Right up my alley. The very same.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Thomas T said:
While I bow to no man in my knowledge of cinema (my film collection goes from 1912 to 2014) and my mind is crammed with useless trivia on film, we can't expect everyone to be as knowledgeable on film. I've noticed many members here compartmentalize their interest (noir, horror, classic Hollywood, 80s trash etc.) or perhaps their age has precluded them from yet exploring the films before they were born. All of us at one time were "ignorant" of certain well known movies. Give the guy some slack.
Wouldn't it be cool, Thomas, to be invited onto JEOPARDY where all six categories of both games were movie-related!! Then again, personally, I can't imagine not freezing with that button even when I know the answers! Yes, useless trivia is exactly what my head is filled with also...

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Excellent line-up of titles Twilight. Thank you for Mississippi Burning, A Man For All Seasons, Night of the Generals, and The Young Lions.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Dick said:
Wouldn't it be cool, Thomas, to be invited onto JEOPARDY where all six categories of both games were movie-related!! Then again, personally, I can't imagine not freezing with that button even when I know the answers! Yes, useless trivia is exactly what my head is filled with also...

It's frustrating to know the answers while the three contestants stare blankly into space unable to recognize the photo of the actress in question (it's Jean Harlow, idiots!) or not know the actress in the Psycho shower is Janet Leigh (Duh!). I'm not making this stuff up! It actually happened on the show. Heaven forbid they were actually asked a "hard" question like how many movies total did Rock Hudson and Douglas Sirk make together? Yet they know their chemistry and algebra, categories that would stump me.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
The 2 dvd releases of A Man for All Seasons were terrible looking and the HD version shown on the Sony Channel is a step up so i do have high hopes for the blu-ray release. Nice to see another Truffaut film on blu-ray and Mississippi Mermaid is a good one with Jean Paul Belmondo & Catherine Deneuve.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
So glad to see A Man For All Seasons finally on Blu; it and Mississippi Burning are definite for me. Although I expect Night Of The Generals and The Young Lions (at least) will also find their way to my collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks