What's new

Press Release HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time March 2019 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
The Whole Town's Talking for sure! I'm content with my DVDs of Quiller Memorandum and River's Edge but I'll wait on the reviews and a possible sale to decide on possibly upgrading. Hated The Big Fix!

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I saw The Whole Town's Talking two years ago and I liked it but not sure if I wanted to own it or not
The other 3 films Ill need to research a bit more

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Nice slate of films. Thank goodness they are all passes for me. My wallet needs a break! :D May pick some of them up down the line during a sale.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
All 4 are great choices. Especially excited about THE WHOLE TOWN'S TALKING. But QUILLER & RIVER'S EDGE are amazing, unique and innovative films. Those of you who haven't seen THE RIVER'S EDGE yet are in for quite a treat.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
By the way, two other Ford/Columbia titles that have not been released on Blu-ray have 4K transfers now and they are "Gideon's Day" and "The Long Gray Line". I'm hoping that Twilight Time releases those on Blu-ray in 2019.
Gideon's Day has been released on Blu-ray by Sony themselves. They used the title Gideon of Scotland Yard

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Great news on THE BIG FIX! A couple of the others look interesting also. Another John Ford is always welcome.
The Whole Town's Talking for sure! I'm content with my DVDs of Quiller Memorandum and River's Edge but I'll wait on the reviews and a possible sale to decide on possibly upgrading. Hated The Big Fix!

Well, Dreyfuss certainly comes across as an arrogant prick with a terrible hairdo, but I've always rather liked the film anyway.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Last edited:

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD

jauritt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay Auritt
Uh, unless it's a joke (which I would never rule out) its "THE River's Edge" (the film being released on TT), not "River's Edge" (the film depicted in the picture that heads up this thread).

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
The UK NETWORK Quiller is awful probably one of the worst bluray's ever released..........TWILIGHT simply has to be better .....
I watched the Network disc last night. You're right: it's very bad, although strangely it didn't prevent me from enjoying the film. I'll be upgrading to the Twilight Time disc from a new 4K transfer.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Uh, unless it's a joke (which I would never rule out) its "THE River's Edge" (the film being released on TT), not "River's Edge" (the film depicted in the picture that heads up this thread).

The same thing happened on the Brian De Palma Obsession thread. They used a pic from his film Passion for that.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Hopefully with 4.0 highly directional dialog!

re.jpg

Reactions: PMF

DannyLewis

Stunt Coordinator
Twilight Time, 2 questions:
Are you using the 4k Master Sony has for "The Whole Town's Talking"?
Also did Fox provide a new transfer for "River's Edge"?
Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks