What's new

Press Release HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time December 2018 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504-jpeg.50167

Twilight Time has given us an exclusive early look at these December Announcements. Enjoy!
If you see these titles posted elsewhere within 8 HOURS without credit being given to HTF, rest assured it came from us first! 
Note: Moving forward we are going to announce our schedule ONE month at a time instead of two.
screen-shot-2018-09-27-at-9-51-49-am-png.50168

X, Y AND ZEE (aka ZEE & CO, 1972) BLU-RAY – Dec 18th
SATAN NEVER SLEEPS (1962) BLU-RAY – Dec 18th
A MAN CALLED PETER (1955) BLU-RAY – Dec 18th
ANNE OF THE THOUSAND DAYS (1969) BLU-RAY – Dec 18th

Continue reading...

Attachments

• post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg
    post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg
    2.5 KB · Views: 174
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 9.51.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 9.51.49 AM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 169
Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Looks like three of those titles interest me, particularly, "Anne of the Thousand Days" and "A Man Called Peter". I'm interested in "Satan Never Sleeps.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
So, A Man Called Peter makes a welcome return from the dead! :) A very small minority has for ages been asking for this, so this will make them and me happy. One HTF-er in Australia will be delighted! :)Come on, Lionel: admit you're pleased!

I've never much liked Satan Never Sleeps despite William Holden and Clifton Webb being two favorite performers. Its so blatant anti-commie message always gets on my nerves, but if this is one of Fox's miracle transfers, I might buy this disc.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
if this is one of Fox's miracle transfers

I never would have thought to put it that way, but you’re right - I’ve really been blown away by the high quality of the Fox transfers that TT has been putting out. It’s amazing to see 50(ish) year old movies looking like they were just made this year.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I stand to be corrected but I believe Anne Of A Thousand Days is a Universal title. Is this a one off or does TT have a licensing deal with Universal? Anyway, I'm interested in three titles (I found A Man Called Peter a chore to get through). The underrated XY&Zee contains one of Elizabeth Taylor's very best performances. Indeed, Pauline Kael gave her performance a superb review.

Reactions: PMF

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Cannot wait for all 4 titles. I sincerely hope Anne of A Thousand Days is a new to Blu scan, as the Euro-import region free disc currently offered has waaaaaay too much DNR and edge enhancement. January will be a fun month, as, living in Canada I generally will not get these until a full 4 weeks after they actually have shipped. But still, cannot wait!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Just A Man Called Peter for me because I love Fox CinemaScope. Hopefully this will be 2.55:1 with at least stereo sound, if not 4.0. I've already got the German Blu-ray of Anne of the Thousand Days, so I'm good there.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
Very much looking forward to Anne of the Thousand Days. I mostly Richard Burton and Genevieve Bujold is an actress that I enjoy in the limited roles I have seen her in. Love this film though in every aspect.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I've never seen "Satan Never Sleeps", but the credits are a mind-boggling delight.
Leo McCarey directs William Holden in a film based on a novel by Pearl S. Buck.
This film also stars France Nuyen (aka Bloody Mary's daughter in "South Pacific")
A score by Richard Rodney Bennett and a frame by DP Oswald Morris;
so just the sound and picture on its own merits would make this disc, IMHO, well worth having.
Yup, I'm really looking forward to this discovery.:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks