What's new

Press Release HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time December 2018 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
The AMPAS database has a "statistics" section which lists every film that received 14, 13, 12, 11 and 10 Oscar nominations; totaling 89 titles in all. With the advent of Twilight Times upcoming release of "Anne of the Thousand Days", collector's now have only 9 more titles that remain unavailable on BD.

12 Nominations: "Johnny Belinda"
11 Nominations: "Sergeant York"; "The Pride of the Yankees"; "The Turning Point"
10 Nominations: "The Life of Emile Zola"; "Going My Way"; "Wilson"; "Roman Holiday"; Bugsy

I am simply listing these 9 for the fun of it, being fully aware that some may not even factor into Twilight Time's licensing agreements or plans. I am very much looking forward to all of the surprises and selections that lay ahead. Meanwhile, my thanks to Twilight Time for providing us with the following BD's of other key titles from the AMPAS "statistics" list of 89.

12 Nominations: "The Song of Bernadette"
11 Nominations: "Judgment at Nuremberg"; "Oliver!"; "Julia"
10 Nominations: "Sayonara", "Guess Who;'s Coming to Dinner?"; "Anne of the Thousand Days".

Cheers.:cheers:

Last edited:

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Just A Man Called Peter for me because I love Fox CinemaScope. Hopefully this will be 2.55:1 with at least stereo sound, if not 4.0. I've already got the German Blu-ray of Anne of the Thousand Days, so I'm good there.

mcp1.jpg

mcp2.jpg

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
The AMPAS database has a "statistics" section which lists every film that received 14, 13, 12, 11 and 10 Oscar nominations; totaling 89 titles in all. With the advent of Twilight Times upcoming release of "Anne of the Thousand Days", collector's now have only 9 more titles that remain unavailable on BD.

12 Nominations: "Johnny Belinda"
11 Nominations: "Sergeant York"; "The Pride of the Yankees"; "The Turning Point"
10 Nominations: "The Life of Emile Zola"; "Going My Way"; "Wilson"; "Roman Holiday"; Bugsy

I am simply listing these 9 for the fun of it, being fully aware that some may not even factor into Twilight Time's licensing agreements or plans. I am very much looking forward to all of the surprises and selections that lay ahead. Meanwhile, my thanks to Twilight Time for providing us with the following BD's of other key titles from the AMPAS "statistics" list of 89.

12 Nominations: "The Song of Bernadette"
11 Nominations: "Judgment at Nuremberg"; "Oliver!"; "Julia"
10 Nominations: "Sayonara", "Guess Who;'s Coming to Dinner?"; "Anne of the Thousand Days".

Cheers.:cheers:
Love this. However, The Turning Point won't ever be released. It was released on DVD for about a week in 2005ish and hasn't been touched since. I've enquired about it, bui no one wants to release it. :/ The others probably have a good chance.

Reactions: PMF

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Love this. However, The Turning Point won't ever be released. [...]The others probably have a good chance.
From our many pleas to plies;
Twilight Time has always been En Pointe.:)

Last edited:

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
Wait a minute, did someone mention Flower Drum Song? Ir were they wishing for it or was it mentioned somewhere? Is this a possibility? The three Universal titles I have waited for since day 1 of blu-ray are Flower Drum Song, Thoroughly Modern Millie and Sweet Charity, three excellent Universal musicals of the 60's, all with blow-away stereo soundtracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks