What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Minority Report (1 Viewer)

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Ah, I see. It is three different trailers for Minority Report...

Originally Posted by BrettB

Yeah, it was "3 versions" of "trailer", singular, that was confusing. I thought it might be the same trailer in 3 different languages or something.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Great to see this one got a good release. Really wondered what they'd do w/ all that grain.

Will plan to pick this up (at a good price).

Thanks for the solid review, Neil.

_Man_

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
This appears to be selling very well, and with the superb quality of this release I am very optimistic about Spielberg's Saving Private Ryan and War Of The Worlds which are just around the corner on blu.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
It's sort of odd but the one film that nobody is mentioning in all this talk of P.K. Dick is "A Scanner Darkly" which may be the most faithful and best vision of a Dick story put on film. Linklater also does not "chicken out" with the ending. It may not have the mass appeal and visual bang of "Blade Runner" but it does come the closest to getting the feeling of a Dick story right...I mean it makes Total Recall look pretty pathetic I think.
Oh, and it is also a pretty nice looking Blu-Ray too. No fan of Mr. Dick should be without it.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by Reggie W

It's sort of odd but the one film that nobody is mentioning in all this talk of P.K. Dick is "A Scanner Darkly" which may be the most faithful and best vision of a Dick story put on film. Linklater also does not "chicken out" with the ending. It may not have the mass appeal and visual bang of "Blade Runner" but it does come the closest to getting the feeling of a Dick story right...I mean it makes Total Recall look pretty pathetic I think.

Oh, and it is also a pretty nice looking Blu-Ray too. No fan of Mr. Dick should be without it.
Don't know anything about P.K. Dick (other than what's mentioned in this thread), but I'm mildly familiar w/ Linklater's work (eg. Waking Life) and blind-bought A Scanner Darkly on BD at bargain pricing a while ago since it looked interesting enough (and had some good, if mixed, reviews). Still haven't gotten around to watching it yet though.

_Man_

KeithDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Keith
We've been decorating and have had a new carpet delayed and all my discs and books from the room are boxed up and piled high in a spare bedroom. I can only get at a few discs and this was one, which I watched last night. It holds up so well. I wonder if/when we might get a 4k release?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks