What's new

HTF AWARDS 2023: VOTE: Worst 4k Disc 2023 (1 Viewer)

What was the worst 4k disc of 2023?

• American Graffiti (Universal)

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • Avatar/Avatar Way of the Water (Disney)

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • The Exorcist (Warner Bros)

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Rosemary's Baby (Paramount)

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
bestworst.png

Worst 4k Disc 2023

Vote: Best 4k Disc 2023
Vote: Worst 4k Disc 2023
Vote: Best Studio 2023
Vote: Worst Studio 2023
Vote: Best Packaging 2023
Vote: Worst Packaging 2023

Your nominations have been tallied. These are the results for Worst 4k Disc 2023

Please cast your vote. Voting will end on February 16, 2023, at which point the winners will be announced

Discussion in this thread is encouraged​

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It sucks that they re-released the Avatars so quickly but it's silly that they're on here.

Members nominated them. I'm not sure why though I think it has everything to do with the way they are packaged.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Members nominated them. I'm not sure why though I think it has everything to do with the way they are packaged.
Specifically--and it may be worth differentiating on the poll--the nominations were for the first releases of Avatar, which were labeled as "Ultimate Collector's Editions" but were inferior (fewer features, no Dolby Vision, etc.) to the subsequently released "Collector's Edition" double-dips. The nominations were more on the principal of the release pattern than anything to do with disc quality.

The second releases were terrific, other than the "we challenge you to get the discs out" packaging.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Specifically--and it may be worth differentiating on the poll--the nominations were for the first releases of Avatar, which were labeled as "Ultimate Collector's Editions" but were inferior (fewer features, no Dolby Vision, etc.) to the subsequently released "Collector's Edition" double-dips.

The second releases were terrific, other than the "we challenge you to get the discs out" packaging.

I had forgotten about that. Yes. Apologies. Thanks for the reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks