What's new

HT almost put together-Have a questions about all kind of things (1 Viewer)

gtpeebs

Auditioning
Real Name
Joshua Peebles
Here is my setup so far:

50 inch Panisonic Viera Plasma
Onkyo SR-705 Receiver
Pioneer Upconverting.upscaling DVD Player
Polk Audio CSi3 Center Channel
Polk Audio RTi8 Front Tower Speakers
Polk Audio RTi6 Bookshelf Speakers used in rear

I just purchased the Onkyo 705 reciever. My last reciever was only a 5.1 so i'm looking to pick up some other Polk Audio speakers to complete the system. What would you recommend? Should I go with some more RTi6's? Have any recommendations on how to wall mount those heavy ass RTi6's? I bought some mounts from Monoprice but I don't think they are heavy duty enough to hold them.

TIA

gtpeebs

Auditioning
Real Name
Joshua Peebles
Wow this has been up here for days and no one wants to give me some opinions?

langer61

Auditioning
Real Name
jason
I am by no means an expert, but in my experience and conversations with others you should generally try to stay within the same manufacturer for speakers (specifically the tweeters)-timbre matching-

good luck, I too am going through a home theater project so I know the questions seem never ending.

chuckg

Supporting Actor
You might want to try asking speaker questions in the "speakers and subwoofers" section....not all persons read all the threads.

I personally would go with identical speakers if possible, or at least speakers in the same "family" that use the same drivers and were meant to work together.

As for moutning, compare the rated load of the mount to the speaker, and find a mount that will handle comfortably more than the actual weight of the speaker. simple enough! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks