What's new

HSU-VTF3 vs Velo CHT-15 (1 Viewer)

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Coming soon! Sean D will be bringing over his HSU to compare to my Velo!

My Velo rocks in my little room, we'll see if the HSU is just overkill or if it actually gives more oomph!

Keep your eyes peeled, I'll probably post the results Sunday.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I think you're gonna want a VTF3 after that comparison James ;)
And by the way, I love what you've done with that room. Very nice :emoji_thumbsup: You have any acoustic treatments planned?
PS, since I think you did the construction yourself you should have more than enough skill and tools (except maybe a router, but hey reason to buy a new tool) to build your own sub that will dust your CHT and the VTF3. And with the money you'd save over a VTF3 and the money you'd get from the CHT you'd have lots for a nice EQ to get the sub sounding as good as possible.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
James that sounds absolutely great! I am getting ready to do a DIY sub and this will give me confidence that I will not be spending allot for a little more. I have the ct-150. Seems like it cranks, but maybe not. I have salivated over a ct-cht 15" comparison against the vtf-3. If I go DIY? which I plan, it should take out the vtf no problem so I here.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Steve, we'll see! I think the CHT is pretty damn good! It might be a tad slow for music but I use it for HT only right now. In my room it goes really deep. If you look at the List of subs that were put up at one point and there output the CHT-15 was VERY close to the top, only bested by a few like the Servo-15 but only by like 1 or 2db!

We'll try to do a blind test, that would be cool. Hopefully if greg gets back to me, it will be SVS 25-31pc VS HSU-VTF3 VS Velo CHT-15!

My room is 21' x 11' It's nothing special but it is closed in which helps.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I use mine for HT to. If it fairs out well for the Velo in the HT application I know where I can get a second one for $350 with the warranty. Sounds like my room is the same size as yours except mine is not dedicated. It is our living-dinning room. I dedicated it though. It has some openings and entries with 10 ft ceilings. I can shake our house good with this sub. I would be so cranked if I was to go to so much effort and gain so little. I have made this mistake with speakers. I think a second ct-cht would really be something. I have run two subs before and it did work-out well in my situation.

KeithBR

Agent
I am looking forward to your little review/comparisons on these subs. I myself have done the similar comparisons with a SVS 20-39CS+, 16-46CS+, a Hsu VTF-3 and a Servo 15.
I had 9 guys over for some pizza and a few beverages of our choice, which lasted for an entire weekend :)
It was a blast.

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
KeithBR, what were your impressions of those few? I myself have a Servo-15 and while I'm extemely happy with its performance, I'd like to know how it comparese to the rest?

Manuel Delaflor

Supporting Actor
Guys, if you can, throw us some numbers. For example, if any of you have an SPL Meter and other some test tones, you can give us the readings of EVERY sub at listening position and one meter (for example).
Im SURE that everyone will love to see those numbers!!!
:D :D :D

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Manuel: This would probably be part of the tests. I have an SPL meter and I have made a test tone CD with tones from 10Hz in 2-5Hz incrments up to 6000hz or so. Of course we only need to test up to 80hz.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Ok the SVS will have to wait, I spoke to Greg and he will bring it over another time. But that's ok! As long as we keep the numbers consistent by using the same source same room and same calibration they should be on a level playing field.

So coming soon. Velo VS HSU then soon after (maybe the following week) Numbers from the 25-31pc to compare! We may throw a Velo F-1200 in the mix too.

KeithBR

Agent
Sihan,

The Servo 15 had a very slight advantage in dB's over the other 2, the VTF-3 having the least, but my overall favorite for sound was the CS+ 20-39. I feel the 20-39 is the most versatile for both music and HT.

I have dual Servo 15's and VTF-3's but we only ran 1 of each during our little shootout. The Servo 15 is an excellent sub!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks