Howard Keel - Another Classic Star Is Gone

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Craig S, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Howard Keel, star of numerous MGM musicals including Seven Brides For Seven Brothers, passed away this morning:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...n_mo/obit_keel

Many will also remember Keel from his years playing Clayton Farlow on the long-running TV soap "Dallas". Ironically, a "Dallas" reunion show airs tonight (Keel did not participate, presumably due to his illness).

R.I.P., Mr Keel.

2. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

Sorry to hear this. R.I.P Howard. (They'll be making a lot of great musicals up in Heaven!)

3. John Kilduff

John Kilduff Screenwriter

From what I saw of him in the "That's Entertainment" movies, he was quite talented and damn handsome to boot. (Look at the cover of the "Seven Brides For Seven Brothers" 2-Disc Special Edition and see what I mean).

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

And the Academy Awards "In Memoriam" montage grows by one more.[​IMG]

4. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Damn. I just finished watching the Dallas reunion then I found this out. This is indeed sad news.

5. StevenFC

StevenFC Second Unit

This is sad news. It's just another reminder of the way movies used to be and should be again. It's another line to that era that's been severed. Not to mention that from what I could tell he was just a plain good gentleman.

Of course for some reason I had thought that he had already passed some years ago. I once thought that back in the 80's for some reason about Gene Kelly. Imagine the delightful surprise that I got when he popped up on That's Entertainment 3.

Thanks for keeping us entertained Howard. And don't let Caruso give you any crap about "movie singers". [​IMG]