What's new

How to start watching in HDTV??? (1 Viewer)

dave-u

Auditioning
I'm wanting to start watching HDTV, but I am not sure on how to go about it. I have a Hitachi 61" HDTV ready big screen and Directv service with the 18"x24" dish. I assume I need to have a seperate HDTV tuner. This is about as much as I know on receiving HD broadcasts, please help!!!

Thanks dave-u

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Dave, getting an HD, DirecTV receiver will allow you to get the DirecTV HD services such as ESPN HD and Discovery HD (assuming that you pay the extra monthly fee. If you are already subscribing to HBO or Showtime, then you will also get their HD channels.

But if you want to get the network HD telecasts, you will have to also add an external antenna. If you live close enough, an indoor antenna will work (this is what I use). Some people put an antenna in their attic and of course there is the good, old roof mount antenna.

Where you live depends on how many of your local stations telecast HD.

dogpoundmike

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Excuse me for hopping on. Is there a website to see if an hd roof antena will work in my area?
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks