What's new

How to mount Bass Shakers on theater seats... (1 Viewer)

Steve U

Grip
All right, just got the Irwin theater seats (right out of a theater under renovation!) and I'm pumped about putting them in. I'm going to do two rows, four seats in the back and three in the front for line of sight issues. I have 4 bass shakers, but I need advice on how and where to mount them. I could easily mount them under the wooden platform I'm building, but would that give the full effect? Can't really mount them to the bottoms of the seats - don't have enough shakers, and the seats flip up when no one is seated, so you'd see the shaker and the wiring. The seat backs may be an option, but I'm still looking at a shortage of shakers. Where can I mount these? Thanks...
------------------
Link Removed
(click logo for HT pics)
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams...
- W. Wonka

Chris Hussak

Auditioning
Steve,
IMHO, you'll be pretty dissappointed attaching your Aura's to the platform...it'll feel like you have a bee stuck in your shoes
wink.gif

Are your rows of seats bolted together(sharing an armrest)?
If so, you're in luck(it worked for me anyway)...
I have a row of 4 theater seats and experimented with different mounting positions. Like you, I didn't think mounting them under the seat was very desireable aesthetically, especially when the seats were up. Mounting them to the backs proved to be the best, but interesting enough I ended up only using 2 shakers for a row of 4 seats. I found that there was a "canceling" effect when I had them mounted on every seat. I got more "shake" by mounting them on every other seat. The effect is the same whether you sit in a seat with a shaker or not.
Hope this helps.
Chris

Richard Driskill

Stunt Coordinator
Chris,
Question. By mounting them on the backs of the seats, is the vibration less, or diminished on the actual seats themselves (where you plant your Glutious Maximus) because the seat portion is attached via two hinge points? Or do you feel it equally through the entire chair?

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I mounted mine directly under the seats. Due to the designs. only one seat allowed the shaker to be placed directly in the middle..the others are a little offset...but just as effective. I used sheet metal/sheetrock screws to bolt'em into place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks