What's new

How to convert cassette to cd (1 Viewer)

John Watson

Screenwriter
This is a frequently asked question, type "cassettes' in the Search function on the Computer board and you'll get some of the tips.

I just got a new cassette player hoping I can get to the stage of getting miles of cassette from thousands of old LP and cd onto new mix cd-r's.

The stereo store says I will need software I don't have, and a lead-out cable from the cassette player that has a single RCA jack at the other end, which will plug into a (probably) blue hole in my sound card at the back of the 'puter. That's as far as I've gone so far.

Presumably software allows me to hear the material on cassette as its recorded to the sound card, and gives me a means of creating track markers based on what I hear?

Then I can select (and name) these tracks, and then mix a playlist and burn it to a CD in the way I'm used to doing that. (Using a version of Nero that I now have)

The guy I was talking too recommended software called Goldwave for recording and editing material recorded onto the sound-card.

here's one of the links to the HTF Computer forum, and there are probably some on this Forum as well

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ight=cassettes

Daryn D

Agent
Alright, I have a sony vaio laptop, P4, has firewire connection. I have a low end tape deck, rca outs, of course. I could run the tapedeck through my new(er) HK avr 320. Aside from that, what else do you need to know?

I found that sony makes a analog to digital converter for video, but can't tell from the info if it would also work for audio. Does anyone know about this?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks