What's new

How to control Av Receiver from a different zone (1 Viewer)

Tia23

Auditioning
Real Name
Thea
Hi, its my first time
Buying an av receiver And want to know i can i can set it all up and learn how its all controlled. I was wondering how it works when connecting and controlling zone 2 and 3 with the av receiver (Integra DRX 3.2)

As in ;

I have a zone 2 (tv connected) in master bedroom connected to av receiver in living room so whatever component i can watch in the living room, i can also watch in the master bedroom tv. (Or different/ whatever my preference).

How is zone 2 (master bedroom tv) controlled? To watch the av component zone 2choice. Will it be controlled via same original master bedroom tv remote (in this case the Lg remote that came with the master bedroom tv)? Or is it controlled via living room av receiver remote control? So i have to go to main living room (get the remote) then go back to master bedroom and control it that way?

Is it possible to control the av receiver thats set in the living room from zone 2 (master bedroom) & watch different content to whatever is in main living room? Do i need 2x logitech remotes? How does it all work?

Or is it like i have to go to the av receiver, and then press zone 2, and then choose the component, and then walk back to zone 2 and then watch the content and then walk back to the av receiver and change the input for zone 2again (if i want to switch components) walk back and forth?

Is is possible for there to be a remote for zone 2 tv and control the av receiver (zone 2 part only) from the actual zone 2 room?? I have some understanding that it can be controlled via app? / mobile device, but is it possible to use an actual remote control only?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I think Harmony makes a universal remote, that works via RF instead of IR, that would do what you want – control the main ARV and source components connected to it from another room. However, unless you want to pack that remote in your pocket (or something) as you move around the house, you would need a second remote stationed in the master bedroom.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Last edited:

Tia23

Auditioning
Real Name
Thea
I think Harmony makes a universal remote, that works via RF instead of IR, that would do what you want – control the main ARV and source components connected to it from another room. However, unless you want to pack that remote in your pocket (or something) as you move around the house, you would need a second remote stationed in the master bedroom.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Thank u so much for you reply. I’ll see how i go. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks