What's new

How much red saturation do you allow? (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Using Avia, I am about 15% oversaturated in red; this keeps the blue and green closer to where they should be.

Skin tones don't look too bad and the colors are more vibrant. How much red saturation do you allow?

Guy Kuo

Supporting Actor
It's pretty arbitray, but 20% or less of red push will usually give decent flesh tones without dropping out too much of the other colors. I think most of us find cartoon red fleshtones more disturbing than slightly less green grass.

Mike Pgh

Auditioning
After calibrating using Avia, I found out that my Toshiba 50A61 has about 12-15% red push built in. From what I understand that's pretty good. I believe the Avia disc suggests you try to get it down to 15% by making more adjustments. I guess the Toshibas are pretty good in that regard to begin with and I didn't have to change a thing from the initial calibration.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I made another slight tweak. Even at 15% I find fleshtones a bit too red. I'm around +10-12% now. This seems optimal on my display.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks