What's new

How Much do DVD's weigh? (1 Viewer)

TomHansen

Agent
Hi all. I'm trying to figure out some decent storage for my ever-growing collection of DVD's. However, one of the racks I'm thinking of would hang on the wall. Anyone know the weight of an "average" dvd (case, pamphlet or two, and two disks) that I could use to estimate the weight? better yet, what would about 10 DVD's weigh?

I'm at work, so I don't really have ability to weigh them right now, and my scale wouldn't be very to weigh either.

Thanks,

Tom H.

TomHansen

Agent
cool! thanks for the help. I'm thinking about getting the Boltz wall-mountable rack to store DVD's so that means that the 76 DVD's that it can store would run about 27 lbs. Supposedly the hangers are rated at 50 lbs, so that should work out just fine.

Anyone have any experience with the Boltz racks?

Thanks,

Rodon

Second Unit
I own an MM126 with an attached MM252 add on and I have a special ordered TVXL2 Boltz TV stand with a taller 2nd shelf to hold my Center speaker. I love Boltz. This week they have the MM252KD (knock down meaning you have to put it together) 252 dvd rack for $199 - cheaper than their 126 model. I will most likely have this under my tree as well. Need to move a rack into another room and want the investment in case I move to a house with a dedicated HT room. I love Boltz so I am biased. Best DVD rack I have ever seen. I have two friends that also own Boltz after seeing mine - both each ordered a MM252X2 wich is the 252 and an add-on.

Love the colors as well!!

Rodon

Second Unit
I own an MM126 with an attached MM252 add on and I have a special ordered TVXL2 Boltz TV stand with a taller 2nd shelf to hold my Ceneter speaker. I love Boltz. This week they have the MM252KD (knock down meaning you have to put it together) 252 dvd rack for $199 - sheaper than their 126 model. I will most likely have this under my tree as well. Need to move a rack into another room and want the investment in case I move to a house with a dedicated HT room. I love Boltz so I am biased. Best DVD rack I have ever seen. I have two friends that also own Boltz after seeing mine - both each ordered a MM252X2 wich is the 252 and an add-on.

Love the colors as well!!

TomHansen

Agent
I got in the wall-mounted 72 dvd rack in the power coated black finish.

Really nice Mouting hardware leaves something to be desired, would be nice to be able to move it around easier if the need arises.

So far really like it, and keeps those dvd's out of the hands of my kids.

did everything I needed it to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks