What's new

How many times are you going to watch Band of Bros.? (1 Viewer)

Brian E

Screenwriter
Since I've already watched the tapes I made of BoB three times, I know I'll be buying the DVD's. The Suncoast by me has the packaging on display, it's really nice.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I have never based my purchases on the number of times I think I might view it. IMO, Band of Brothers is a landmark show and I feel this should be added to my collection.
If not on the number of times you might view it, then on what? Would you buy something that has a classic reputation but you have no desire to see again just for the sake of owning it in your collection?

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
Rewatch factor is arguably the most important factor when purchasing dvd's. That's why most of my dvd's are movies from the 90's- not that it's the greatest film decade ever (that would be the 70's), but because 90's films have the best pacing, and are the most technically advanced (I'm not talking about FX; I mean editing, etc). Essentially, an auteur 90's movie is the ultimate buy: great director/movie, and paced perfectly, equating infinite rewatch value. Examples: Heat, Memento, Goodfellas. This doesn't mean I ignore other decades, 30% of my collection is pre-1990. But somehow I don't think I'll be watching How Green Was My Valley and Grapes of Wrath (despite their great quality) every 2 months. My local library rents DVD's for free for 7 days; I go to them for the classics. Of course, there's exceptions- Why would anyone own a dvd player and not own Lawrence of Arabia, or Apocalypse Now, or Kurosawa films for example.

Nathan

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Band of Brothers is one of the finest series ever produced for television, IMO. In fact, I believe it easily stands up there, and even surpasses, some of the greatest war films of all time. This set will be one of my most prized disc sets.
I agree. I thought all of the episodes of BoB were terrific, but in my mind, The Breaking Point, which I believe is the 2nd Ardennes episode? is the standout of the series. The level of human emotion, as well as the amount of artillery launched on E-Company, is incredible.
And yes, the entire Ardennes Forest in the show was a set. Pretty amazing. Even though I knew it was a set when I was watching it, I really wasn't able to tell.
Brian

AndyW

Agent
I wish I could buy the DVD set but I am running out of cash. At least I have the series on tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks