What's new

How is the Panny 53tw53??? (1 Viewer)

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Is the Panny 53tw53 on the inside like the 53wx53 but just in a different style cabinet with component storage below? Am I right in saying this TV upconverts 720p to 1080i and displays 480p native?? How are the stretch modes with this year's Panny's?

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
I just had these two sets side-by-side and both fully calibrated. The picture was THIS CLOSE to being identical on both sets with a tiny edge going to the TW. The internals of both sets are identical, except that the TW has a 'short throw' lens system, which allows them to compact everything and add that shelf at the bottom.

Other than that, the cabinet is different, the sound system is better (6 speaker 60 watt) and the screen protector has a very good anti-glare coating on it.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
JohnnyG, thanks for the reply. Is the unit 2 pieces or 1. I take it it's not has tall as the WX. Is it as deep??

KevinFord

Stunt Coordinator
I own the TW53.

It's taller than the WX, by a couple of inches.

It does NOT upconvert 720p. It does not accept 720p.

Ask me anything else you want, I'll answer the best I can.

By the way, I just posted a new thread with MY comparison of the 53TW53 and the 50LC13, if you're interested.

Kevin

josh_trinh

Auditioning
I'm considering getting the 56TW53 or the 56TWD63. Which one should I get? The TWD says it is 540P. Is that better than 480P? It also has a built in tuner but do I really need it right now? What is the cablecard?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks