What's new

How hot is normal for the PE 250 plate amp (1 Viewer)

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
i have it in my tempest and its too hot to touch, i have it about 1-1/2 to 2 inches away from the wall, in a corner, so there is some circulation, but is it too hot? i can't hold my hand on it, to give you referance

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Both of mine have never been that hot, but then again I have mine separated from the tempests with one inside a small box (open on one side for cooling).

You must be drawing a lot of power if you can't touch the amp without it hurting.

I don't know if that'll cause any problems though as the components should be able to take pretty hot temperatures.

Adam C.

Stunt Coordinator
mine has never been hot to the touch, or even very warm, and I have had it running at about 3/4 volume for a few hours

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
wow, i listen to mine at about half if not less, but for hours on end, mostly music, i put my nice old GE fan on my tempest blowing air away, i think i should get some feet for it, so the cold air from the floor travels up the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks