What's new

How has Universal treated Magnum, p.i.? (1 Viewer)

AlexCosmo

Stunt Coordinator
the cruddy video titles are just on episodes cut for syndication (like 2hr. episodes cut into 2 parts)

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
I noticed these during the original network run. They weren't cruddy; they used the same fonts and everything, they were just CGed.

Owel, we'll know soon enough.

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone get Magnum PI season 6 yet? I won't be able to get it until the weekend.

My main hopes are no cut episodes and no music replacement (although I don't think music became a major component until season 7). Also, hopefully they included a coupon for season 7, which could indicate when season 7 is due out.

Thanks

JeffO

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Picked up S6 today and yes, there is a coupon for season 7 for $3.00 off with an expiration date of 1/1/08. Given the season 6 coupon in the last set has a 6/30/07 expiration date (4 months after the season's release), we can presume that Season 7 will be released around the end of August or beginning of September this year.
I actually thought they might put it out on May 15th with Rockford Files Season 4 but so far no announcement.

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Jeff*H, that is great news. Perhaps there is even a slight chance for season 8 at Christmas.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

Awesome!
I'd love to finish this series up within a years time.
Now if we could only get them to continue the Simon & Simon releases!!

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
It would be more appropriate sometime between the releases of S7 and S8, but I thought you guys might enjoy this. On an old VHS tape from 1987, I have a few shows I still keep. The tape had previously been used for timeshifting, and a small portion of a Newhart episode remains. During a commercial break is a pretty cool promo for Magnum's 8th season premier.

I find it neat because it could be considered canonical, as it features Higgins, Rick and T.C. in a situation relevant to the events prior to season 8...but shot just for the promo.

I put it on YouTube, but it's a SPOILER for those who have never seen the end of Season 7:

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
Hah! Very cool thanks for doing that. this reminds me of why I haven't thrown out some of my old Married with Children tapes, there was one where I think David Faustino "hosted" that night of Fox, I believe it was during halloween I think. Stuff like that will likely not make it to the dvd's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks