What's new

How hard is it to patch up a carpet? (1 Viewer)

Todd K

Second Unit
So in my bedroom, I have this really annoying stand up closet/cabinet thing that takes up a lot of corner space in a somewhat small room. I would just disassemble the thing and throw it out, but there's a hitch: My stupid landlady, when installing new carpeting in the place, decided she wanted to re-carpet the entire apartment, except for underneath the cabinet! So, if I were to remove it, I'd have like a 2.5' x 2.5' square patch of ugly brown carpet in a light gray carpeted room.

So, I'm wondering if there is any easy way to get a replacement patch for the carpet, and put it in so it looks reasonably normal? The patch will partially be covered by furniture, but I don't want it to stick out like a sore thumb.

I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter from the home improvement types.

Todd

p.s. also, I may choose to paint a small section of wall behind the current position of the cabinet. Is it possible (using the same color) to paint just a section of a wall and have it blend in with stuff that was painted a year ago?

edit: I have just conferred with some co workers, and I have been informed that trying just to paint a small area of a wall never works, you usally have to do the entire thing.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Carpet patching isn't too bad. We hired a guy to come replace a 3 foot square section of our living room carpet due to a nasty stain that wouldn't come out. $50 later, it looks pretty good. I can see the patch lines, but I'm a picky perfectionist. So far nobody else has noticed it, and the type of people we hang out with would have said something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks