What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

How good is the PQ of the current "Days of Thunder" dvd? (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

MarcinL

Stunt Coordinator
The Quality is really really bad, I believe its about the same as LD if not worse, It is not anamorphic and the sound mix is just OK, I bought mines when it fisrt came out but it was pretty bad, I sold it along the way and now I'm waiting for SE, Actually I don't care about extras but at least remastered anamorphic picture with a decent mix, maybe even DTS.

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
The picture quality is not worse than the LD but the sound is. The LD was much fuller sounding. But then again that happens with alot of titles. It is not anamorphic.

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Terrible video with average audio your typical 4x3 letterbox transfer to DVD. They probably used the D1 tape formatted in letterbox for transfer to laserdisc.

HDNet Movies broadcast Days of Thunder in 1080i HD with excellent video and pretty good two channel audio. I recorded a copy and it is much better than the standard DVD. If they did release a new anamorphic DVD with 5.1 sound I would probably buy one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks