What's new

Press Release BVHE Press Release: Thor: Love and Thunder (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
“ONE OF THE MOST VISUALLY STUNNING MOVIES IN THE MCU”

– Caitlin Chappell, Comic Book Resources

image001.jpg

Embark on a New Cosmic Adventure When Thor: Love and Thunder Arrives on Digital September 8 and 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD September 27
BURBANK, CA (August 25, 2022) – Marvel Studios’ beloved hero returns for a classic Thor adventure. Described as “emotional, exciting, and downright funny as hell” (Ben Kendrick, Screen Rant), Thor: Love and Thunder arrives on Digital September 8 and 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD September 27. Fans can add the film to their Marvel Studios’ movie collection and access exclusive bonus content including deleted scenes, a gag reel and audio commentary by legendary filmmaker Taika Waititi. Thor: Love and Thunder will also stream on Disney+ September 8.

Film Synopsis
Marvel Studios’ Thor: Love and Thunder finds the God of Thunder (Chris Hemsworth) on a journey unlike anything he’s ever faced – one of self-discovery. But his efforts are interrupted by a galactic killer known as Gorr the God Butcher (Christian Bale), who seeks the extinction of the gods. To combat the threat, Thor enlists the help of King Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson), Korg (Taika Waititi) and ex-girlfriend Jane Foster (Natalie Portman), who – to Thor’s surprise – inexplicably wields his magical hammer, Mjolnir, as the Mighty Thor. Together, they embark upon a harrowing cosmic adventure to uncover the mystery of the God Butcher’s vengeance and stop him before it’s too late.

Directed by Taika Waititi (“Thor: Ragnarok,” “Jojo Rabbit”), from a screenplay by Waititi & Jennifer Kaytin Robinson, Thor: Love and Thunder was produced by Kevin Feige and Brad Winderbaum.

Bonus Features*
  • Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun outtakes on set with the cast and crew of Thor: Love and Thunder.
  • Audio Commentary – Watch the film with audio commentary by director/writer Taika Waititi.
  • Featurettes
    • Hammer-worthy: Thor and The Mighty Thor – Trace Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman's journeys to becoming Thor and The Mighty Thor, respectively. Watch as the costars speak about the preparation behind embodying their legendary roles and describe how they combine their unstoppable forces.
    • Shaping a Villain – This featurette introduces Love and Thunder’s primary antagonist, Gorr the God Butcher. Shining a light on the man who brings the character to life, this piece highlights his recruitment and process. Then fellow cast and crew reveal personal anecdotes.
    • Another Classic Taika Adventure – This piece looks back on Taika Waititi’s journey taking over the Thor franchise and reinventing the God of Thunder. Revisit the moment Taika was announced as the new custodian of Thor and follow Taika through the production of Thor: Love and Thunder.
  • Deleted Scenes
    • Looking for Zeus – Thor, Valkyrie and Korg run into a few characters while seeking an audience with Zeus.
    • Wasting Time – Star-Lord and Mantis convince Thor to help their cause.
    • A Safe Vacation – A nonchalant Thor chats with a panicked Star-Lord and Mantis in the middle of chaos. An explosion thrusts Korg into the scene.
    • Fighting For You – Zeus gifts Thor a special tool after overhearing a heartfelt conversation.

• *Bonus features vary by product and retailer

Cast
    Chris Hemsworth
    as Thor
    Natalie Portman as Jane Foster “The Mighty Thor”
    Tessa Thompson as King Valkyrie
    Christian Bale as Gorr
    Taika Waititi as Korg “Old Kronan God” (voice)
    Russell Crowe as Zeus

Directed by
    Taika Waititi

Produced by
    Kevin Feige, p.g.a
    Brad Winderbaum, p.g.a.

Executive Producers

Louis D’Esposito
    Victoria Alonso
    Brian Chapek
    Todd Hallowell
    and Chris Hemsworth

Written by
    Taika Waititi
    & Jennifer Kaytin Robinson

Themes by
    Michael Giacchino
    and Nami Melumad

Score by
    Michael Giacchino
    & Nami Melumad

Product Specifications
    Street Date

Digital: September 8
    Physical: September 27

Product SKUs
    Digital: 4K UHD, HD, SD
    Physical: 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (4K UHD + Blu-ray + Digital Code), Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + Digital Code) & DVD

Feature Run Time
    Approx. 119 minutes

Rating
    U.S. Rated PG-13

Aspect Ratio
    Digital: 2:39
    Physical: 2.39:1

U.S. Audio
    4K: English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus
    Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
    DVD: English 5.1 Dolby, English AD 2.0 Dolby, French 5.1 Dolby, Spanish 5.1 Dolby
    Digital: English Dolby Atmos (UHD only, some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms)

U.S. Subtitles
    4K: English SDH, Spanish, French
    Blu-ray: English SDH, Spanish, French
    DVD: English SDH, Spanish, French
    Digital: English SDH, French, Spanish (some platforms)

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Is there artwork yet for the standard Blu-ray? Disney usually does different artwork for the standard Blu-ray edition as opposed to the 4K set. But I haven't seen what the Blu-ray looks like yet.

I am normally a big MCU fan. But this was the second consecutive film to disappoint me after Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. They have been much more inconsistent lately than normal over there. Still, I have all the others so I'm sure I'll get it.

Considering the amount of footage we know was cut out of this film, they could include a lot more than four deleted scenes. However, this looks like a fairly standard slate of Marvel extras. The lack of more isn't a surprise.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Is there artwork yet for the standard Blu-ray? Disney usually does different artwork for the standard Blu-ray edition as opposed to the 4K set. But I haven't seen what the Blu-ray looks like yet.

I am normally a big MCU fan. But this was the second consecutive film to disappoint me after Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. They have been much more inconsistent lately than normal over there. Still, I have all the others so I'm sure I'll get it.

Considering the amount of footage we know was cut out of this film, they could include a lot more than four deleted scenes. However, this looks like a fairly standard slate of Marvel extras. The lack of more isn't a surprise.

thor-love-and-thunder-blu-ray-dvd-4k-ultra-hd-and-digital-Thor-Love-And-Thunder_Beauty_Shot_6_...jpg

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks. That is essentially the film's poster, and I actually like the Blu-ray artwork better than the 4K one. Last year with Shang-Chi and recently with Lightyear, I thought the artwork for the 4K release was far superior to the standard edition. I'm glad it worked out in my favor this time because the Blu-ray is all I need.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I am normally a big MCU fan. But this was the second consecutive film to disappoint me after Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
I love how the promotional blurb just says "One of the most visually stunning movies" ... and makes no reference to the actual quality of the movie. :D

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I love how the promotional blurb just says "One of the most visually stunning movies" ... and makes no reference to the actual quality of the movie. :D
I liked it, but the unusual visuals are definitely one of the selling points, especially, one would assume, in 4K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks