What's new

How does this first time HT setup sound? (1 Viewer)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
This is just dreaming right now, but it is soon to be a reality. Any hints or tips are appreciated.
What I am starting with:
Eosone RSF400 front speakers
Energy e:XL15 bookshelf speakers
I bought those a long time ago and they are in perfect condition. That's basically all I have to work with since I am going to replace everything else I currently have.
What I am thinking about getting:
Pioneer VSX-D810S receiver
Onkyo DX-C380 CD changer
Polk CS245i center speaker
PSB Alpha Subzero subwoofer
Toshiba 36A41 TV
Sony DVP NS700P DVD player
My spending limit is $1000 (credit card limit) so I tried to pick quality items that would not break the bank. Obviously I can't get everything at once, so I'm going to have to pick and choose what I get first. I don't really want a SACD or DVD audio player so I chose the Onkyo model above, but if anyone knows of a good/better cd player let me know. The polk center is chosen because it is supposed to match the Eosone mains I have (obviously not exact but I believe that Eosone was connected to Polk in some way). The Toshiba is just a grea looking TV. It has 850 lines of horizontal resolution and looked better than a lot of the flatscreens I looked at (the others were out of my price range). The DVD player I am not sure about. That model has great reviews but I was also looking at the Pansonic RP-56 and the JVC XVFA65GD. Obviously I don't have an HDTV so I don't need progressive scan, but I think it's nice to have if and when I upgrade again, plus they have come down so much in price it doesn't really make a difference.
Well let me know what you guys think about my choices.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Don't put stuff on CC unless you can pay it off fairly quickly. I'd get the matching Eosone center and substitute a Rava sub for the PSB sub. Everything else looks good to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks