What's new

How do you tell when your DVD player is getting ready to die? (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I've noticed a lot of people around here search for advice on new DVD players because their current player is "dying." For future reference in my HT, how can you tell when your DVD player is beginning to reach the end of it's lifespan? thanks.

Andrew Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Well, my DVD player is starting to have trouble with discs that are a little dirty or scratched (it always played these fine before), and on quick cut scenes with contrasting color (darks to bright) there is a noticeable staticy atrifact for a split second... it could just be a dirty player... but i'm not sure.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I've never had one outright die, and I've owned 4 or 5 of 'em.
The only one that ever gave any indication of impending death was a Panasonic A-320 that started refusing to load discs that played fine on my PS2. These were all brand new discs with no reported problems here in the software section.

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
I believe that "getting ready to die" is something one tells the spouse. What better proof for the darling wife than to post the pending morte notice on this forum where so many will agree and suggest the proper replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks