What's new

How do you quote someone with their names on it? (1 Viewer)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
You just have to imbed the itallic code within the quote code...

I'll see if I can show you:

{QUOTE}{i}DustinLC{/i}
I'm cute. Quote me.{/QUOTE}

Just replace the "{" with "["

DustinLC

Supporting Actor
I thought there was a quick way of just copy and paste without having to go through typing out somebody's name and put it in itallic.

Usually, it's like "original post by xxx " in italic.

I assume the person didn't have to actually type in those words but just did some copy and paste or hit some button. Could be wrong.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I always thought they just hard-typed that. I wasn't aware that there was some automatic/programatic way to include their name...

DustinLC

Supporting Actor
I always thought they just hard-typed that. I wasn't aware that there was some automatic/programatic way to include their name...
I thought it was some short cut because everyone does it the exact same way. At sites that uses the same type of forum (don't know what this is call), like DVDtalk, I noticed that everyone italic the original poster's name. At DVDtalk, every has the "original quote by XX", same format, on the left and italic.

It could be that everyone picked this up and does it the exact same way I suppose.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dustin, I know exactly what you're talking about and agree that I see it too often for it to be random or done exactly the same way by everyone if its not a short-cut.

Yet, I don't know how to do it either! :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks