What's new

How do I find threads about "24" ? (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
S2 question:

1. Is Palmer still around? I like the guy. If yes, is he president? Is he divorced?

Unfortunately, I stumbled upopn a spoiler that says a bomb goes off :angry:. If S2 is a race against that as I suspect, that sucks.

--
H

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
Don't read unless you want further spoils...Yes a bomb goes off, but its only part of the story...

Palmer is still around, and is divorced, but Sheri is still around.

Hope thats helpful.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Agree that the last plot twist didn't make much sense in the context of prior events and opportunities. Actually, believing that all that happened in one day is pretty hard to take too...if you stop and think about it. I found the most annoying thing was all the time spent on/with cell phones. Anyway, I found the whole S1 pretty exciting and captivating, and did enjoy it a lot.

Kim is pretty nice to look at, but I found Nina much more to my taste to watch (maybe I'm a little older than some of you guys). So, though it doesn't seem likely from the ending of S1, though I'm sure they could figure out a way to do it, I'd like to know: Is Nina in S2?

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
If anyone reading is thinking about watching seasons 2 and 3 for the first time on DVD, then you need to try not to look at the menu screens for the episodes. They all have major spoilers. It was kind of ridiculous on Fox's part.

--Ian

Britton

Screenwriter
My advice for newbies watching seasons 2 and 3 on DVD is to keep the tv off, insert the disc and keep pressing the enter or play button until the episode starts playing. Then after the episode is done, highlight the option to go back to the main menu, turn the tv off, and keep pressing the enter or play button until the next episode starts playing. It's a great way to stay spoiler free!

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Thanks for the info guys. Re the menu spoilers: this is, of all series I've seen, the strangest one not to have a "play all" option.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor

I agree. I don't think that I would ever watch a single episode out of order or just randomly. For me from the beginning to the end is the only way to go. I didn't think that the series would be re-watchable for me but since it had been over 3 years since season 1 I have been on a nonstop 24 frenzy including all the current season 4 episodes. I am halfway through season 3 right now and I started from season 1 about 3 weeks ago. On Tuesday alone I watched 8 episodes in a row of season 3.

--Ian

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
2 hours from the end of Day 2.
Palmer is in the middle of his "impeachement trial", the computer dude just stabbed Teri etc...

Although I prefer S1, this season has been a great ride as well.

Some issues:

- The dialogue is often terrible this season, especially that one family makes soap operas look like Oscar material. The dialogue surrounding Palmer wasn't better. How many times is someone gonna say "There is a nuclear bomb in LA"?! Good lord, we get it.
- Kim's story line was just dumb.
- The need to turn a certain sympathetic character into an ass for an ep or two to provide antagonism to the hero. Bad writing, didn't work at all. I am talking about Tony Almeida right after he became the boss

Mason's stuff :emoji_thumbsup:.

I have to say that one conversation between Kim and Daddy got me.

I'll probably be done with S3 tonight, I am getting onto S3 ASAP!

Dunno why I post here, I don't wanna start another thread.

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks