What's new

How did you run your speaker wires to the rear surrounds? (1 Viewer)

Jack Sampson

Stunt Coordinator
I need to get these speaker wires off the floor. I thought of trying to run them through the ceiling but the crawl space is too small. Also I have tile floors so no going under the carpet. Has anyone used those plastic conduits? Anybody have any other suggestions?

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
Mine go through the floor into the basement then up through the walls. I take your on a slab?

-Dave

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
I stapled mine to the walls right underneath the cieling. Looks awful, to be honest, but it's not meant to be a permanent solution.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
My HT is in the basement, so I ran the wires along the wall to one speaker and then across the floor to the other. They aren't hidden at all. That's not a good looking solution in a main room, but in my basement, it works fine.

mylan

Screenwriter
If you have base moulding, you can remove it and run it behind it, then re-install.

Dick Knisely

Second Unit
There's also base replacement moulding that have wire conduit in it as well as plastic conduit made to sit on top of the moulding. I've got wire behind a standard base mould and in a conduit on top of it. Both work just fine.

For the rear surrounds which are mounted up high I took the wire up to a crown moulding in a plastic conduit behind the equipment and then behind the crown moulding around to where the speakers were.

Jack Sampson

Stunt Coordinator

I've already got a molding around the floor. That's where it makes themost sense to run the wires. Also I've got to go over a door frame. :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks