How did you run your speaker wires to the rear surrounds?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Jack Sampson, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Jack Sampson

Jack Sampson Stunt Coordinator

I need to get these speaker wires off the floor. I thought of trying to run them through the ceiling but the crawl space is too small. Also I have tile floors so no going under the carpet. Has anyone used those plastic conduits? Anybody have any other suggestions?

2. DaveHo

DaveHo Supporting Actor

Mine go through the floor into the basement then up through the walls. I take your on a slab?

-Dave

3. ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC Producer

I stapled mine to the walls right underneath the cieling. Looks awful, to be honest, but it's not meant to be a permanent solution.

4. Jeff_CusBlues

Jeff_CusBlues Supporting Actor

My HT is in the basement, so I ran the wires along the wall to one speaker and then across the floor to the other. They aren't hidden at all. That's not a good looking solution in a main room, but in my basement, it works fine.

5. mylan

mylan Screenwriter

If you have base moulding, you can remove it and run it behind it, then re-install.

6. Dick Knisely

Dick Knisely Second Unit

There's also base replacement moulding that have wire conduit in it as well as plastic conduit made to sit on top of the moulding. I've got wire behind a standard base mould and in a conduit on top of it. Both work just fine.

For the rear surrounds which are mounted up high I took the wire up to a crown moulding in a plastic conduit behind the equipment and then behind the crown moulding around to where the speakers were.

7. kurtZoom

kurtZoom Stunt Coordinator

I have not seen this in person but it might be a fix for some...

http://www.decorp.com/dewire.htm

basically some super flat wire that can be painted to match the wall...making it "dissapear"

8. Jack Sampson

Interesting... but I think it would just be easier to run a conduit. Thanks....

9. JonahWicky

JonahWicky Stunt Coordinator

I added crown moulding to my room. Perfect for hiding wires, plus looks good to boot.

10. Jack Sampson

I've already got a molding around the floor. That's where it makes themost sense to run the wires. Also I've got to go over a door frame. [​IMG]