What's new

How complete are different versions of "Mr. Bean" (TV only)? (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
On DVDTalk and further in this thread information is posted about the A & E "Complete Mr. Bean", which seems to be a beautiful version - but with several cuts.

Let's try and collect as much information as we can about non-R1 versions of the complete TV episodes.

Who owns what, and can vouch for completeness (or lack thereof) - or knows any links, etc. where more info is to be found?

Personally, I'd like to find out which version to purchase - and which to avoid like, well.. the Incomplete Mr. Bean.

Cees

Zane Charron

Second Unit
I have the German R2 boxset (Jubilaeums Box Set) and as far as I know it IS complete. I know the turkey "cheating scene" is in there, though I can't vouch for the old lady being crushed by the recliner. It has the same special features as well.

Maybe they were originally edited for time when they were broadcast in the US and they used those instead of the original running time versions?

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Maybe they were originally edited for time when they were broadcast in the US and they used those instead of the original running time versions?
I've seen the "turkey cheating" scene on TV in the US. (and I'm pretty sure I've seen the "old lady being crushed" scene on TV too.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Zane,

Thanks.

I looked it up on Amazon.de. Is it the "Edition zum 10. Jubiläums-Box-Set", € 49,99? I'm a bit worried about "Sprache: Deutsch". Is it dubbed only - without the original English sound track (I know mr. Bean doesn't have much dialog in it, but ... :) )?

I noticed the Dutch subtitles, but that wouldn't make it necessarily better.

Cees

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Zane,

Thanks!
I like to watch Das Boot in German, but Mr. Bean in English.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks