How can I connect my Sony 5ES to an Outlaw 770 cost effectively?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by james e m, Jan 25, 2003.

1. james e m

james e m Second Unit

In the next month I'm going to "transform" my 5ES in a pre/pro and I plan on using the 770 to do it. I'm looking for a good cost effective way of doing this. Any advice would be appreciated.
    James

2. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

Forgive my ignorance, but what EXACTLY are you asking? Cost effective?
    The only cost involved is getting the interconnects that go betwixt the components. Your speaker set-up (5.1, 6.1 or 7.1) will dictate how many interconnects you'll need. That's it.

3. james e m

james e m Second Unit

Leo,
    I guess I could of worded my post better but all I am asking is what are some good interconnects for a relatively cheap price. I'm just looking for recommendations for what companies are a good bang for the buck and yes I will have a 7.1 set up.
    James

4. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

I find the AR Pro series an excellent value. The cheapest I've found them are at www.ac4l.com

5. james e m

james e m Second Unit

I've never used an outboard amp before, so all I would need is seven of these AR Pro cables to connect my Sony 5ES to an Outlaw 770, and these are the same cables you would use to connect a cd player to a receiver correct?

How are the Outlaw cables as compared to say better cables?

James

6. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

You got it right, it's just a normal RCA cable. Just go from the pre-out's on the 5ES to the inputs on the 770.

7. Andrew W

Andrew W Supporting Actor

Outlaw offers very good cables with their components for a pretty good price. The only caveat is that they are not returnable if you choose to return the amp. Why don't you just get a set of those?