What's new

How can I build a sub similar to the Servo 15 (1 Viewer)

jay lemons

Agent
OK, I went Saturday and listened to the Servo 15 by Paradigm. WOW it was awesome. But, so was the price. I have been looking to build a ported sub using the Shiva but now I just don't know. If I built a 97L sealed box and used the Tempest would this be similar to the Servo? If not, why, and how do I get a sub that is similar? Please help me with this project. Just for the record I will use the sub 60/40 Music/HT. Thanks

Fred Seger

Stunt Coordinator
A 97l sealed design won't go as deep without an equalizer, LT circuit, or bass boost in the bottom octave.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Well there are two things that make building a clone of a Servo15 difficult. Few 15" DIY drivers are designed to have a desirable system Q in a box that small. The Tempest is definately not one of them. Without a Linkwirtz transform circuit a Tempest would sound far from its' best in a box that small.

The second is the servo circuit, I don't know how you would implement that in DIY. However I also don't see why you would want to.

There are two 15" drivers that will be released soon and one that is out right now that could meet your size goals (and sound quality when a Linkwirtz Transform circuit is added) and easily outgun a Servo15.

Strykes AV15 in a 100L sealed box driven by a 500W plate amp. Stick a Linkwirtz transform circuit in the signal path designed to bring the f3 to ~20hz and the system Q down to 0.65 or lower. $165 (preorder price available for the next couple weeks) for the driver,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks