1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

How bad is my DVD player?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by richard plumb, Sep 25, 2001.

1. richard plumb

richard plumb Stunt Coordinator

Reading a post in the software forum, where the guy asked people not to laugh because he still had a Panasonic A100 got me wondering.
    I have a Pioneer DV505 - have had for a few years now. I specifically picked that model as it could be soldered to allow simple region switching (no worries about auto switching)
    But does it still hold up to newer players? I haven't seen any new players in action, but I assume that the video chips and electronics have been updated since then.
    Will I see a marked increase in quality by getting a new player? Any particular brands? I need one that can be region switched easily too (I'm in the UK). Thanks for any help.

2. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I remember when the 505 came out it was considered an incredible player. I'm sure it's probably fine, don't replace it unless it breaks I say. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Philip Hamm
    Pat's the best!™
    AIM: PhilBiker
    click on the little green house to see the evolution of my home theater!