What's new

wireless rear speakers (1 Viewer)

banjaboy

Auditioning
Real Name
keith Sutton
Hi all, new here to the forum and new to Home theatre. I'm an old dude, 68 but willing to enter the 21st century. here is my question...First I will list my equipment.

Samsung QN65Q8fn TV
Samsung HW-N850 Soundbar
Samsung UBD-M9500 UHD DVD player

I LOVE this set up, had a few teething problems with voice/picture sync but when I hooked up the UHD player directly to the soundbar, problem gone. Was misled by a Samsung tech that misunderstood my problem but all is well at this point.
I should have bought the sounder with the wireless rear speakers but I didn't. I acquired the SWA-8500 "wireless rear speaker set up for a giveaway price. They are nice enough but my viewing room doesn't easily allow me to place the speakers without having the speaker to rear box draped across the floor and it looks really REALLY bad. so....finally, my question. Can I hook up a pair of true wireless as in speaker connect cables to this sounder? If not, how long can the connect cables be if I use the rear set I already have? I'm estimating it would require a cable 50 ft long to hide what I have.
I hope this is not a stupid question. If it is, remember I'm an old fart lol!!!!!! Glad to have joined you all. Im living in Vancouver BC Canada

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

banjaboy

Auditioning
Real Name
keith Sutton
Hi Wayne, thank you so much for your reply and the same goes for the others too. Its actually the SWA-9000 but they are almost identical and perhaps in the US. They are 8500 but same idea. So i think your suggestion of running long wires is the answer, im looking at about 40 ft. Should I keep both speaker cables the same length?

banjaboy

Auditioning
Real Name
keith Sutton
Thanks again Wayne, I was into audio many years ago and things have changes so much! Just skimming through some posts on here, wow, high tech indeed. I’m really enjoying getting a feel for this new obsession I am getting. Great place to be, nice people!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks