What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Housekeeping(1987) Indicator (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I received my copy of Housekeeping BD from Indicator yesterday.
I'm really impressed. The transfer is wonderful, and it has some really interesting special features like rare set photos, and Q & A from director Bill Forsyth on the film(from 1992 I believe) that serves as a commentary track. That itself is worth the price of purchase as there are some really interesting facts behind the scenes in the making of the picture.

This is still my favorite film. It is still just as magical, warm, and sad as it was the first time I saw it about 25 years ago. A holy grail from the days of Laserdisc, I have finally got the film I wanted most on Blu-Ray, and it is a great feeling.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
My intro to Bill Forsyth was his great Local Hero, a film that I really hope makes it to blu-ray at some point and another of those that I have read "rumors" about possibly ending up with Criterion (I hope that happens!). The only Forsyth film I own on blu-ray at present is Comfort and Joy his comedy about a radio personality ending up involved in an ice cream truck turf war. As with Local Hero it takes a fantastic approach to the characters and their interactions and has a wonderfully warm sense of humanity in the writing.

Oddly, as much as I love the work of Mr. Forsyth I have never seen Housekeeping. A film I am aware of you championing here over the years, Bryan, and so I am both very happy for you, that you now have this film in your collection, and for me, in that now I can now remedy my error of never having seen it.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Oddly, as much as I love the work of Mr. Forsyth I have never seen Housekeeping. A film I am aware of you championing here over the years, Bryan, and so I am both very happy for you, that you now have this film in your collection, and for me, in that now I can now remedy my error of never having seen it.

I highly recommend it.

I think Bill Forsyth is truly underrated. All of his films have a sort of quirky, gentle charm to them. I would love to see 'Breaking In' with Burt Reynolds next on BD(but any of his films not on Blu would be great, all first day purchases).

'Housekeeping' played at "Ebertfest" in 2008. I would have loved to attend a big screen event with a packed audience. Bill Forsyth, and Christine Lahti were both there for a Q&A. I would have had an opportunity to meet them, along with Roger Ebert of course.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I highly recommend it.

I think Bill Forsyth is truly underrated. All of his films have a sort of quirky, gentle charm to them. I would love to see 'Breaking In' with Burt Reynolds next on BD(but any of his films not on Blu would be great, all first day purchases).

'Housekeeping' played at "Ebertfest" in 2008. I would have loved to attend a big screen event with a packed audience. Bill Forsyth, and Christine Lahti were both there for a Q&A. I would have had an opportunity to meet them, along with Roger Ebert of course.

Your enthusiasm has also influenced me. Does this have to be purchased direct from Indicator, or is it available from Amazon and other retailers?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Last edited:

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Bryan, I love Bill Forsyth's sense of humour and joy, not to mention his delightful quirkiness that translates into wonderfully eccentric and yet authentic characters and situations.

Housekeeping is one that I have yet to see, but with Forsyth as director/co-writer and the wonderful Christine Lahti in the lead, I'm very much looking forward to this ...and as Gregory and Dave have already indicated, your passion for this film has been infectious.

Had been waiting for the price to drop a little before ordering, but what the hell.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Bryan, I love Bill Forsyth's sense of humour and joy, not to mention his delightful quirkiness that translates into wonderfully eccentric and yet authentic characters and situations.

Housekeeping is one that I have yet to see, but with Forsyth as director/co-writer and the wonderful Christine Lahti in the lead, I'm very much looking forward to this ...and as Gregory and Dave have already indicated, your passion for this film has been infectious.

Had been waiting for the price to drop a little before ordering, but what the hell.

Or expressed without the vulgarity, life is too short. :)

What the hell :), I'm going to order it too, especially since Bryan has told us the disc is all-region.

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
What the hell :), I'm going to order it too, especially since Bryan has told us the disc is all-region.
Powerhouse Films have said that all their Sony titles are and will be region free. That may or may not apply if/when they decide to dig into other studios' catalogues but at the moment we, or rather those of you in Region A or C land, won't have to worry about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yashavi46
Recent bookmarks