What's new

House of the Dead III and HDTV support (1 Viewer)

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
What a letdown about the HOTD 3 gun not working with 480p.
I wonder if this is SEGAs fault (game not coded to support 480p with the light gun), or MadCatz fault (game coded to support 480p with the light gun, but light gun not built to support it).
When a game system features 480p as one of it's selling points, it makes you wonder 'why' when a game or peripheral does not support the feature?
Maybe there were some reasons beyond the control of the games programmers or the people at MadCatz who designed the gun?
It's just strange that HOTD 2 and the blaster worked in 480p on the dreamcast and HOTD 3 and X-box doesn't.
:confused:
I guess it's become a rental now that I'll play through with the controller.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
What a letdown about the HOTD 3 gun not working with 480p.
I don't think anyone has actually confirmed that it doesn't work yet. There is the letter from customer support, but they also state "Currently there is no technology available to make blasters of any kind work for front projection TVs ", which we know is false.

-Dave

Trevor Harveaux

Stunt Coordinator
I can confirm it doesn't work. :frowning:
I have an RCA 61" widescreen HDTV (don't laugh, I like it), and I've tried everything i could think of to get the game to work on my tv. No luck. I've tried progressive signal, interlaced signal, and different screen ratios. I'm not happy. I will be returning both the game and the gun.

Cory R. B.

Stunt Coordinator
I can't get HotD2 for Dreamcast with s-video to work on my direct view HDTV. Where can I get this VGA - component thing? I've never seen anything about this.

Anyway to get the PS2 light guns to work with a direct view HDTV? Guncon one with Area 51 doesn't work on the PSX, and Guncon two with Time Crisis 2 doesn't work on the PS2.

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
from what i've read on gamefaqs.com it sounds like it is 100% madcatz's fault for not programming the gun to also work with progressive scan.

what's the point in making the game 480p and not having a gun that works with it?

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
it sounds like it is 100% madcatz's fault for not programming the gun to also work with progressive scan.
Its also 100% Sega's fault for not releasing a third party gun to work with House of the Dead III that supports the various resolutions they programmed the game to display. Lets share the blame here with the proper parties because Sega should not be exonerated so quickly.

I can understand the disappointment with the lack of 480p. Its definitely a failing by MadCatz in no providing 480p support for thier light gun but we should be thankful that MadCatz was there to at the very least provide *A GUN* to play the game with.

Romar Armas

Second Unit
Has anyone tried to use a VGA Box for the Xbox and play via VGA->Component transcoder? No place here has the gun yet. :frowning: Hope they get it next week.
For Transcoder, I have the Audio Authority which I ordered from their site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks